Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Is One click development for android broken????

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK Studio Always
Posted: 13th Dec 2013 02:17
Is One click development for android broken, i send my media file to it and it comes back as ok but the file length is 0KB ???????

any Ideas???

Anyone else had this??

There can only be one
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Some users experienced similar problems due to antivirus or such, especially in Windows 8. It'd be built successfully but then the ZIP they download would become corrupted due to something with their OS. I'd suggest try again with a different computer if you can (even a virtual machine would work).
ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2013 06:40
I'm having the same issue. I've tried on multiple computers, each time it results in an 0kb .apk file.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2013 09:41
Have you zipped the media folder correctly? You need to include the folder and not just the contents.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2013 22:37
Though the online tool is pretty nice, I'd highly suggest trying out Eclipse with the prebuilt interpreter. After it is set up it is pretty fast to switch out your media for a new version. You'll likely want to use it anyway if you do IAP or push. Which both are pretty easy to set up.

Zubby1970
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2013 13:45
ok to your answers yes I've tried multiple computers zipping it on each one individually, yes I've included the media folder and zipped it up a thousand times before. anti virus my mac has none and the windows 7 has none either. I have eclipse but just loved the ease of one click, fill a little form in and away you go.

It Was far easier than eclipse will ever be. but i might just have to go back to eclipse if this isn't working.

i have two projects so I,m going to try the other one after this ill let you know if it did and if it does ill try to suss out why the other one doesn't? and post back here

There can only be one
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2013 16:12
also check that you only have one byc file....

I know that's a long shot but probably not it. Installing eclipse is a pain but they do have a good tutorial under the android forum page of agk. I suggest following that. Also if you ever plan on learning c++ or want more control on your project output.... I recommend making that switch. If you want to produce games for ouya in the future or support IAP within google play .... you will need to make that switch.

lots of people on the forum can help with questions if you get stuck on the way.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2013 18:01
Do you have a project that you know used to work with One-click? That would be the basic test. Perhaps somebody has one you can use to test.

Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2013 21:00
Can confirm - tried with a project thats worked many times before. It takes a very long time to respond and creates an APK file 0 bytes in length.
Pumpkin Software
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2013 10:22
We need to get this apk file creation sorted within the ide asap.
TDavid
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be great if the web version could be fixed before the christmas break.
Pumpkin Software
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2013 18:34
Forget online apk file creation, it needs to be incorporated in the ide as promised.
ApkGames.Guru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2013 11:53 Edited at: 24th Dec 2013 15:46
I trust the relevant people in the know are looking into this? Want to get some apps out there. Thought it was just me, but seems it's broke for everyone

[MOD EDIT] Please don't post 4 times in future
Zubby1970
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2013 22:16
yes all my projects build but come back as a zero download , wonder if the game creators have ran out of bandwidth ?????

There can only be one
ApkGames.Guru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2013 15:48
Definitely broken. Could we have an official TGC response on this, so we have some comfort that the issue is being looked into... a timeline for resolution etc.

Thanks.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2013 17:06
Paul is on vacation. I hope he looks into this as soon as he comes back. I think it's more important than AGK2.

Lavaflyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 03:02
Any news on this, I want to push an update to my app but i get the same issue 0kb apk file please can we get a response/fix TGC!
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 03:38
install eclipse and produce an apk on your own pc.... its easier then it sounds.

then you will never need to worry again about not being able to make an apk file.... unless your pc dies.

ApkGames.Guru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 10:59
Yeah, have followed the instructions on installing this and it failed. I'd like to be using tools that I can understand, rather that following a set run of clicks to generate an APK and not knowing what it's really doing or what to do if it goes wrong. The one-click APK is ideal for those like me that can program in the IDE and stay in one environment

Did I hear someone mention too that hopefully the create APK will become a standard part of the IDE in future releases?

However for now, I'm sure there are many of us waiting for this to be fixed so we can get updates and new apps etc out there.
Pumpkin Software
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 11:15
The generation of the apk file within the ide should have been included way back in my opinion. All the headaches with eclipse and the online problems could then have been avoided.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 19:19 Edited at: 31st Dec 2013 19:25
what you guys don't understand though is that its a 1 time deal...
its like installing windows on a new pc....you generally don't need to install it again unless you muck something up.

I'm offering help to those that want to make apk's the proper way.
and im sure others will help too if ya get stuck.

edit: but yes I can see this as being the easy way out.... but coding to start with is about finding a solution. So figuring out how to setup and install eclipse should not be a problem.

I guess this may not be a solution if your a mac user however.. ?? (I have no idea if the setup is similar on a mac?)
Windows you should be able to setup and i'm offering to help.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 21:24
Quote: "I have no idea if the setup is similar on a mac?"

In theory, it is pretty similar. But the batch file used in Windows wouldn't work because it is DOS/Windows and Macs are Linux based.

The commands used in cygwin would work in the command line interface for Linux (with paths and such suitably adjusted) and cygwin would not need to be installed.

I do not know if Eclipse on a Mac could hook up via USB with an Android device. I have not tried the full Eclipse usage and such on my Mac Mini.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 21:27
One-Click deploy broken (reported weeks ago by the looks of things). No word from TGC.

Not good.

Grook
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 22:24
I understand peoples' frustrations but as SMD_3D has pointed out, doing it yourself with Eclipse isn't rocket-science. If you have the aptitude to develop a game in AppGameKit, then you have the aptitude to deploy it yourself too. You don't even need cygwin anymore if you use the pre-built android interpreter. It takes half an hour to setup then 2 minutes a go to re-build. It really isn't the big deal some people make it out to be - try it; do it once and you're set. If I can manage it, anybody can.

Happy New Year.

"It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
ApkGames.Guru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 10:05
AGK Backer - sometime back I saw someone had gone to the effort of putting step by step instructions on setting up Eclipse, approx. 60 or so steps. Having tried this twice, I fail to get this to work on my PC. I don't suppose you or anyone has a simpler method of installing Eclipse in order that we can bypass the one-click APK screen? Any help to move this along would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ian.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 16:17
It appears that the one click site is supposed to be fixed (Paul came back from holidays).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 21:12:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 21:12:41