Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Release Day.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2013 09:07 Edited at: 17th Dec 2013 09:12
All of you ever experienced this or know about it. The Release day. I'm not talking about Apple products, hardware stuff or movies, I'm talking about video games.

Let's imagine that we are the fans of video games.

What is the first day of release for video games for us? First, it all begins not even in this day. First six months before the you make a pre-order (fully buy!) on a game that you have never seen, only advertising or promises from publisher's PR sources. Then you look forward to the release, collect rumors. Oh, sweet Cthulhu, publisher at a press conference announced who will composer! And they changed hero's hair! Oh those rumours. You can hear absolutely useless info during whole development time. Because the final product will be not as PR told you. Then fan sites, wallpapers, trailers, and other promotion garbage. Then estrus immediately before the date of release. Then that day, that time. And what we receive in this day? In most cases or conveyor typical (even expensive) soulless crap, or drastically bugged beta. Many people even can't play the game. But each time still sieging in the shop at exactly 12:00 to buy the game in the first moment of the beginning of sales. What is this, a mass psychosis? I don't understand.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2013 09:26
Or the game gets so delayed that you forget why you liked it in the first place... like DayZ.

I tend to have only a few games a year that I look forward to, right now I'm patiently awaiting news on Fallout4, Elite Dangerous, and GTA:SA on iPad. I fancy getting an oculus and a new joystick for Elite Dangerous, that will be 2014/15/16 for me depending on delays.

I am the one who knocks...
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2013 17:23
I have stoped preordering games because of how many games are released in unfinished stages. The whole marketing engine behind the game wants you to preorder, because once you do they will most likley get the money no matter how bad the game is. A much better choise is to just wait until there are some reviews of the game and buy it then. The preorder bonuses are usualy pretty insignificant to actually be worth the money and in the case of free DLC, you can just buy it once it comes out (if you save 60$ for a full title because you did not perorder you can buy 4-5 DLC packs without paying more).

Say ONE stupid thing and it ends up as a forum signature forever. - Neuro Fuzzy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 09:36:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 09:36:29