Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Android crash sometimes in different ways....

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2013 00:48
I ported one of my app under Android + Eclipse with AppGameKit 108.
We got it to build and it runs on the Mediacom S4.

Now i got some strange errors "SIGSEGV 11" that happen randomly.
Some times audio, some times it doesn't find the internet, sometimes it doesn't say what happened, etc...

- Someone knows if in the last 108 are there some bugs with Android?
The code i use in C++ is the same that work perfectly on iOS.
I enabled C99 and we are using the NDK-BUILD.

- Better i use 107 or 108 on android?

Long life to Steve!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2013 18:34
Is it a fatal error in the LogCat?
It's a bad pointer issue, not sure how to fix it or if it is necessary. If your app isn't crashing when it is happening then you should be fine.
On the Nexus 7 the LogCat will get lots of these types of issues and don't seem to be a problem.

That said... I gave up on using the non-prebuilt tier 1 interpreter for 10819 because we kept having random crashes under it and waking from sleep would lead to a black screen.

Try rolling back to 107 if you can. Also see if you can find NDK r6 as it was the NDK that they were using at the time.

Our app works 99% OK on Android using tier 1 and 10819's prebuilt interpreter. The only problem we have is issues with text input on the edit box with certain devices and certain keyboard apps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 00:24:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 00:24:44