Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Client/Server Multiplayer Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2013 18:18
I have a question regarding the multiplayer commands on AppGameKit, I am creating a multi user game which uses the Client / Server style architecture. I created a dedicated server in AppGameKit that displays the names of everyone connected, and that hands user data between all connected clients. Connected clients can see each other move, etc. It works relatively well on all platforms (Tier 1).

My question is, should I be worried that this will become a lag fest with more players? Is there any code out there for a Linux based server of some kind that would be more appropriate? I have seen a few posts on this but they were years ago.

Are the AppGameKit multiplayer commands able to handle lots of data flying around or will lots of players just slow it all down?

Suggestions?

Realm of Ages

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 00:16:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 00:16:13