Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Teach Yourself HTML5

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2013 21:26 Edited at: 24th Dec 2013 04:41
Hi guys,

After the success of Teach Yourself Game Programming for Android and Windows published last year on Amazon, iBooks, Barns and Noble, and our very own The Game Creators website. I've turned my attention towards a new eBook project.

Teach Yourself HTML5 for Web Developers is going to be published early next year. After all, what's the second thing any game developer needs after making an awesome game? A website to promote it of course! HTML5 is lighter and faster than common CMS's such as Joomla, and Drupal. While Joomla 3.x finally supports dynamic webpage resizing, it's still difficult sometimes to find a good free template, and it all starts to break down when you want to add resizing youtube windows, and other advanced features.

I can attest that knowing HTML5, and it's companion technologies CSS and Javascript, you can solve all of these issues and develop skills that take you beyond the website scene. Pages load faster, they are frankly just as easy to write as an article in Joomla, and you don't need special supporting databases that provide a point of vulnerability and failure in your site's structure.

Of course I can't write this book without rewriting my website, and that's just want I'm doing. The Alpha build of the site is now up at www.teachyourselfstuff.com and it looks like this:

So if anyone has any comments on the design and layout, or suggestions for functionality I'm happy to hear them.

This site will feature, a book shelf (the alpha version is online now), a video shelf, a section for cool free youtube tutorials I find in my travels, and a news section. I'm trying to keep it bright clean and simple. The site resizes to all current devices, so it doesn't matter what you view it on. It will work natively.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 22:16:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 22:16:15