Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Dark Newcomer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2013 03:13
Hello.... I would like to welcome myself to this awesome gaming culture. My interest is writing and creating games, but I am new to Dark Basic. As soon as I learn everything there is to know about Dark Basic Pro you can expect me making some great games and creations. Alright, until then I will be munching on the code books.

- Agent Darkness

Lurking throughout the night...
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2013 00:20
Welcome. You'll find this to be a very helpful community.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 26th Dec 2013 01:19
What Phaelax said x2

[Hi and welcome to your new second home ]

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 26th Dec 2013 04:25
Hi!

Welcome to the Forums!

Agent Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2013 20:37
Thanks guys for welcoming me in.

I am surprise to say this but DarkBasic Pro is waaaaaay much easier than any other language I have ever seen. Way easier than Python too. It's awesome!!!

Well, I heading out to learn more. Peace!

Lurking throughout the night...
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 13:59
Welcome!
If you get stuck just post your code in the DBP Newcomer corner and we will "fix" it by changing everything and making it far too complicated and buggy to work with and it wont do what you wanted anyway.

Formerly OBese87.
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 21:03
Quote: "Way easier than Python too."

...which you'd be better off learning now that there are Python bindings for so many awesome engines. Honestly, I could kick myself for not finishing Python (I started years back -- before it was cool -- and put it on hiatus where it remained ever since). But seriously, DBPro is a good place to start in spite of the bad habits it teaches and many grievances I personally have with it. It definitely will get your project done in a fraction of the time another game development kit will if you don't mind the trade-offs (some of them can be overcome btw). The main point is that you have fun here and fun using DBPro.

Cheers

Quote: "If you get stuck just post your code in the DBP Newcomer corner"

But don't forget code-tags!

Quote: "we will "fix" it by changing everything and making it far too complicated and buggy to work with"

Only coz I stopped frequenting that board

Disclaimer: I'm bored coz I'm waiting for a build so I'm busy thread-polluting, don't mind me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 08:35:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 08:35:11