Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Any news for introducing AGK for Windows Phone with c++???

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2013 00:31
Any news for introducing AppGameKit for Windows Phone with c++???

AGK for me is the best with 1 LIB file!!!
Is the the way it is OLD SCHOOL coded the reason i don't wanna change it.

Please TGC give me some info!

Long life to Steve!
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2013 01:18
I don't think it will happen any time soon (if ever) since they need to finish V2 first and the stretchgoal for windowsphone was not reached. Plus, it would take a lot of effort since they would need to port the graphics code from Open GL to directX

Say ONE stupid thing and it ends up as a forum signature forever. - Neuro Fuzzy
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2013 11:37
Oh i understand...
Well is not necessary at the moment, but i hope they will do this step before next September.

Long life to Steve!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2013 18:16
xGEKKOx, I wouldn't count on it. Since they didn't reach that stretch goal, I doubt it will be done. But maybe they will consider another KickStarter campaign if there is enough interest (and the Windows Phone is still viable).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2013 19:31
I wonder how long the Windows Phone will survive. The Surface hasn't done so well from what I've heard. Microsoft did buy Nokia's phone business so they are definitely prepared to invest loads of money on this. But I only know one person who owns a Lumia. Most people I know owns an Android phone, those few who doesn't has an iPhone. I don't see how they are going to get any market share. Apple and Samsung are dominating right now.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2013 01:55 Edited at: 30th Dec 2013 01:56
Well Digital, i can say a thing as i started to develop on the other device.
Android for sure will blow away all developers, as it really sucks.
I never seen such a damned coding environment, and the app panel, in app, admob, adword, adsense, merchant, wallet, google+ ..... heeeeeeelp!!!

Microsoft instead is doing well as Apple.
Their suite is better, the OS is nice at look, and the panel is good.
I understand now why all start on iOS to release Apps.

To release apps on different platform, a team is needed. Sure.

I don\'t wanna go crazy with Android.

Ah... how much V2 need to get Windows Phone too?

Long life to Steve!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ah... how much V2 need to get Windows Phone too?"

About $14,000 USD more...
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2013 10:38
Digital - Far from sinking, Windows phone is rising. iPhone is falling, and Blackberry more or less extinct.

Windows phone reached over 10% of the European market in Q3, whilst Apple dropped from 20% to 15%.

AGK would do well to target it.

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2013 15:32
The only disadvantage I see with Android is that those customers are less willing to pay for apps. There are usually more profits on iOS. The advantage of a small userbase is a less crowded app store.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 16:36
Windows Phone is nice.
Android is a total garbage.
iOS/MAC is non plus ultra.

I mean on coding.

IMHO AppGameKit must have Windows Phone!!

Long life to Steve!
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 18:24
Windows phone will survive because I have one!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 21:21
http://blogs.strategyanalytics.com/WSS/post/2013/10/31/Android-Captures-Record-81-Percent-Share-of-Global-Smartphone-Shipments-in-Q3-2013.aspx
Some stats on Windows Phone sales.
Far from spectacular, but it is growing.
That said, it is only 3.2% of the market share vs. Blackberry's 2.7%. If I was a Microsoft exec I'd be very upset by those numbers. However, MS is very very well funded and won't give up any time soon. I mean BB/RIM is still around and has been failing for the past 5+ years (and may have been saved by BBM?). I think that we will see MS create more porting tools to bring more apps to their platform vs. the current methodology of Direct3D only...
That said, while MS continues to not allow OpenGL there is little chance that AppGameKit will be able to port over. I imagine a big chunk of that stretch goal was to pay for DirectX licensing to get the proper interpreters in place.

So you're really only missing out on 3.2% of the market if not developing for Windows Phone. I sure wish they would have just went with a Windows OS and allowed EXE files... It really would have made the system more viable for developers as they would have just needed a UI redesign.

For more on Windows phones, this article paints a less pretty picture of the rapid sales decline as of last summer. Once Q4 numbers come out it will be interesting to see how they're doing.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsky/2013/07/18/if-you-havent-seen-a-windows-phone-lately-its-because-theyre-practically-disappearing/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 15:58:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 15:58:27