Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] Dear Mods, Can you please read this, Daniel TGC need not apply

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 06:33
My timely Post thread of annual proportion was wrongfully deleted, I can see it as a personal attack on myself as he has issues with me outside of the forum, I would appreciate it if the thread was restored, this is all I ask.

Thanks.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 07:13
MrValentine, you can't really "own" a thread topic. If that were the case, zenassem would probably take it up with all of the people who've posted the annual NaGaCreMo Sign-up thread.

I highly doubt Daniel would've deleted it out of spite, it probably got deleted because someone reported a duplicate thread, since the other one has been going for a while now...

Check me out on Twitter! Read my blog!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 07:22
He knows I was going to create it, I have 2 previous threads, his duplicate is a fad, nothing more...

http://betaforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=202587&b=2&msg=2501710#m2501710

LOCK I would have accepted, as that is normal and can be fixed,, but deleting... that is going over the rule book... he already played folly within my thread and deleted his posts, a bit unlike any other mod on here... very childish, unprofessional, and not needed, my thread is genuine, there for supporting others and has a legacy...

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 07:31
...Except it was a duplicate thread, created well after the other had been posted, and there have been instances where other duplicate threads were deleted instead of locked, to keep the boards less cluttered.

Seriously, let it go man. You cannot own a thread topic. You can't take it personally when somebody beats you to posting a thread of the same topic, especially when it's as common as a "resolutions" thread.

Also, other mods have deleted their posts after an argument to clean up the thread. I can't name any specific instances of this happening, but I do remember it occurring in threads that were otherwise pleasant, but had been contaminated by flame posts, so the mod went through and cleaned up all posts - including their own. It might have been Jeku, maybe, the more I think about it.

I have seen so many users complain that the mods are personally against them somehow. They aren't against anyone, don't take this personally, it's probably just a big misunderstanding. Just accept it and move on! Don't begin the New Year with this attitude - have a beer and celebrate!

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 07:36 Edited at: 1st Jan 2014 07:41
Maybe we should implement 'Thread title copyright' among the forums!

[/non-constructive]

EDIT: instead of posting a new post and cluttering up this thread.....

Response to below post \/

I know, that was a
joke

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 07:36
It is not about the copyright, it is about a thread that I put to good use, not starting a thread with gibberish...

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 07:49
Sooo, you're calling Daniel's thread gibberish, even when it's exactly the same topic?

I can see this is going to end poorly.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 07:50
Have you read his first post? and you did not see the silly things he did in my thread, it is not about the thread title, it was a personal development thread, not about the title at all!

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 08:12
I see your point, but is it really that important?

Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 08:16 Edited at: 1st Jan 2014 08:40
MrValentine you pointed out to me in your own thread Rick Vanners post about pointless threads being made. If there is some kind of pre-arrangement giving you some kind of entitlement in producing new years resolution threads I'm not aware of it, nor as anyone in The Game Creators informed me of such a privilege or arrangement. Nor am I aware of any previous threads you may have created in previous years.

Duplicating a pre-existing thread fits that description you yourself pointed out to me. It doesn't matter if you did the same thing for 2013, 2012, the previous 2014 version had been running for well over a week with 14 replies, you had no replies to your own and it was created today. So rather than redirecting with a link I decided, as is within my moderator privileges that there was no point in keeping it around.

This was a moderator decision as is within my rights to make, no personal attack was made.

Have a great new year.

P.S. if you'd made a thread a week before, and someone else had duplicated it. I'd have taken exactly the same action.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 15:30
Not to stir up a hornet's nest, but I will give you the additional mod response you requested, I assure you this is unbiased as I have no sides to take...

I think it is right that we keep to one Resolutions thread.
We have a resolutions thread already, actively being contributed to.
As an unbiased bystander, I don't see anything inappropriate about Daniel's redirection to the existing thread.

I hope we can use 2014 to let any bygones be bygones (including this little blip) and have a successful new year for all

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 05:54:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 05:54:33