Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Why does AGK only support inneractive ads for android?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Out of all the ad networks, why does AppGameKit only support inneractive for Android? I understand that inneractive partnered with multiple ad networks, but it doesn't mean higher click rate.

Using inneractive offers lower rate than other ad networks because inneractive is more of a middle tier than the actual source. Here's what I mean by it.

Publisher pays ad company (admob, millenial, etc) .05 per click for campaign. Then, the ad company takes a percentage from it. Let's say, .02 cents leaving the advertiser only .03. Normally, this is how it's done, but if you are using inneractive, they are taking a cut off the .03 to display the ad network leaving you .01 to .02 cents per click.

Below is a comparison of two apps I created using inneractive and millenial media.

Inneractive:
140K impression with 845 clicks resulted in $12.71 earning. Average CPC is .015 click.

Millenial Media:
116K impression with 787 clicks resulted in $24.06 earning. Average CPC is .030 per click.

Are there any future plans to support other ad networks? Don't get me wrong...using AppGameKit is fun creating games, but if my intend is to maximize revenue using ADs, than I don't think it's a good choice.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 00:42 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2014 00:42
AGK also supports AdMob on Android. What made you think it didn't?
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
o really? When was this added?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 03:48 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2014 03:50
Admob support was added in one of the early 108 beta builds. In fact, using Google's new and improved Admob Mediation, you can get virtually any ad network to work via AppGameKit (even in Tier 1) whether you are making iOS or Android apps via the available adapters.

I wrote a guide on doing so to include iAd support alongside Admob in Tier 1 for iOS, with hints for Android as well.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=207370&b=41

The biggest limitation, and one I hope Paul addresses in V2, is that we are confined to 320px wide banners no matter what the service. Smart banners are more popular these days especially with iPads and tablets, in that they stretch across the full width of the device and are much more detailed.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 06:20
AdMob works great. I'm sooooo glad it's not just inneractive as it is horrible.

@xCept - Thanks for that link and guide I MUST look into it.
On iOS devices in the latest build my AdMob banners were stretched the full screen width. I wish I could do the same in Android or simply control the scaling AND have non-banner ads. The bigger ads pay more, so I'm told...

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting, Naphier. I haven't tested Admob in quite a few beta releases, if they stretch now that's very cool (Paul did mention he planned to change the fixed 320px at one point).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 22:46:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 22:46:22