Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / dark basic pro v7.1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2014 17:34 Edited at: 8th Jan 2014 19:22
Can anyone share a secret?
How to make a later version 7.1 work?
I can not work in version 7.1
darkbasikpro above even in Windows 7.

Thank you for your help.

add 8.01.2014

the compilation of the project, I realized. Need a profile created on the computer in English.
But where he shoves the compiled file I have not found out how to fix.

helps in this case, the utility of instructions below another member of the forum.

Hello world

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2014 17:48
I don't think Vista/7 are officially supported.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2014 18:06
Windows Vista and 7 aren't officially supported, but what I do to get them working is set all the exe files to run in administrator mode.

Also turn of UAC that thing is just terrible.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked

View the beta TGC forum progress at the url below View beta forum
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2014 18:09
DBP in Windows 7 works great. Only heard about 8 or 8.1 issues.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2014 19:05
Dbp works fine in 8.1, it's editornew which doesn't work.

pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2014 19:09 Edited at: 7th Jan 2014 19:31
I get the message .......
source.DBA not found

But darkbasikpro I run as administrator.

Hello world

Attachments

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 01:03
Quote: "Also turn of UAC that thing is just terrible."

Don't do that, UAC is important to keep enabled.

Just install darkbasic outside of program files, for example, in c:\darkbasic

Also, use a different editor.

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 09:58 Edited at: 8th Jan 2014 09:59
Quote: "Don't do that, UAC is important to keep enabled."

If you have Internet Security software (antivirus+firewall+extra stuff, all paid) then you may turn it off and everything will be okay.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 09:58 Edited at: 8th Jan 2014 11:13
Quote: "Don't do that, UAC is important to keep enabled."

I cannot see a reason why, an intrusive popup every-time a legitimate program wants to do anything is just a nuisance, it has no ability to learn from choices and appears completely stupid compared to other solutions out there.

It does absolutely nothing to protect against threats on your computer, because as you just pointed out there are ways around it. There is also a known Windows flaw that allows rouge programs simply turn off UAC to get around it.

UAC is a nice idea but is badly implemented and does nothing to detect the actual threats, it mainly serves as a protection against stupid users not realising what they are clicking now, as I know what I am clicking all the time it is completely useless.

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 10:02
AFAIK you can build a very high computer defence only with standart software. You just need a degree in Windows engineering... so UAC is for chosen.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 10:56 Edited at: 8th Jan 2014 10:56
Don't disable UAC unless it's causing you serious problems. If you're getting popups all the time it's because a) you don't know what you're doing, or b) you're running a lot of non-compliant software (like DBPro).

I personally like to keep it enabled because if a prompt randomly appears for seemingly no reason I know something is trying to access/modify files it does not have permission to. Linux has had this security forever, and it's because Microsoft took until Vista to add it that few people understand why it's useful.
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 10:57
Move your project from C:\program files(x86)\.. to your my documents folder.

Then download the latest editor which better supports UAC.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=209135&b=1

Synergy Editor - Available for free HERE!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 11:04
Quote: "Don't disable UAC unless it's causing you serious problems. If you're getting popups all the time it's because a) you don't know what you're doing, or b) you're running a lot of non-compliant software (like DBPro)."

I agree a system like UAC is useful it however does not work for the reason it is intended there is a flaw in Windows that is still not patched that allows any bad software to just turn it off. I use third party solutions that do the same thing and they work so much better and don't have issues with DBPro and other programs.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 13:08 Edited at: 8th Jan 2014 13:11
Quote: "I agree a system like UAC is useful it however does not work for the reason it is intended there is a flaw in Windows"

Source? In any case, it will prevent older (pre-vista) malware from being naughty, as well as any not aware of the 'flaw' you speak of.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 14:21 Edited at: 8th Jan 2014 14:23
I refer not to one single flaw but a bunch, Windows has had a long running issue that keeps popping up again and again to do with privilege elevation.

One example is this patched flaw http://www.zdnet.com/aprils-patch-tuesday-to-fix-two-critical-flaws-in-windows-ie-7000013594/

Quote: "The second critical update affects Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) and Windows 7 — but not Windows 8 or Windows RT-based devices, such as Surface tablets. The patch will fix a flaw that allows an attacker to elevate privileges, such as from the more secure "user" to "administrator" privileges, opening up the core system files to attack and thus a greater scope for malware injection."

The flaw allows the malware access to the registry and other system files with which it can permanently disable UAC.

There are many others like this flaw and more appear every month as Microsoft can't seem to fix this issue. I will try see if I can find the article I was reading on the new one they found in Windows 7 and Windows 8 last month. Just do a search for Windows privilege elevation and you will see Windows appalling history, not that this is limited to only UAC far worse things can be done but the point still stands.

Windows simply isn't secure there are far too many ways to elevate privileges that Microsoft doesn't know about hence why UAC is pretty useless.

Not to mention that UAC doesn't stop some things that are running from areas outside Program Files so the malware can just hide other places and do it's dirty work and UAC won't alert you

Sorry to OP for hyjacking your thread a bit, I am sure we can agree to disagree, I have nothing against people using UAC or even liking it, just so long as you know it is broken and hackers can get around it without too much hassle.

Also sorry if this has grammatical mistakes I am on my phone.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 14:51
I think the fact that they are releasing patches all the time goes to show they are putting effort into making their product secure. Every time a flaw is reported it gets patched. Windows and its security have come along way since its inception.

Regardless, you seem to be arguing that it's completely useless because it won't block some threats, but I think that's faulty reasoning. The fact that it blocks some threats means it has a use, at least used supplementally. Some is better than none.

In any case, what's the harm in keeping it enabled? Software specifically designed for Vista/7/8 won't trigger the prompts unless doing an administrative task (such as updating). Non-compliant software can be installed in non-protected folders.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread either, just that security is very important and I think people should generally be advised to leave the default security measures in place unless they are causing problems (and install AV). I remember a time when people were recommending people disable their firewalls and set their routers to DMZ when trying to get multiplayer working with FPSC. Oh those days.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 14:59 Edited at: 8th Jan 2014 15:01
You are right security is an important concern I do not recommend turning off anything unless needed in this case base DBPro does work better without UAC enabled.

I have seen Windows come a long way with security but they are still not up to scratch and running Windows security alone is a recipe for disaster unless you are very careful.

The reason I personally run without UAC is I use a lot of older programming languages and the software they require does not always play ball with UAC.

I have found that UAC does the job worse than third party replacements.

Still UAC is a hell of a lot better than Windows 8 Smart Screen that blocked every single one of my driver downloads as well as a patch download from Microsoft

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 15:48
Quote: "You are right security is an important concern I do not recommend turning off anything unless needed in this case base DBPro does work better without UAC enabled."

Actually it doesn't. The only way to get dbp to run properly is to install it outside of program files and to use a proper IDE. You don't have to run as admin either, just those two things and it works assuming the right version of directx and whatever are installed.

People shouldn't even bother with DBP anymore. Use AppGameKit which is more compliant and stable.

pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 18:16
I turned off the UAC, but it did not help

Created temporary file C:\Users\
Writing project file C:\Users\
No icon is specified for the final exe
Compiling C:\Users\
Cleaning up
Failed to 'LoadDBA'

Failed to 'LoadDBA'

Hello world

Attachments

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 19:28 Edited at: 8th Jan 2014 19:32
pavelman, we are not society of clairvoyants. We can't use telepathy to inspect your system. (gentle hint)

edit: hmm... let me see... (making passes over a crystal ball)... \Павел\ is the reason of failure!

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 20:09
UAC is only as smart as the user..

pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 22:14
the compilation of the project, I realized. Need a profile created on the computer in English.

I thank everyone who helped us

Hello world
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 22:31
Or you can try CodeSurge! It may overcome that problem.

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2014 09:31 Edited at: 9th Jan 2014 09:35
Edit: Didn't see page2, sorry. Best I can get to deleting a post... unless a Mod would do that.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2014 22:42
Ideally, you'd grab a second hard drive for projects. Things go a lot smoother when you don't try and use drive C for project stuff, Windows doesn't actually care too much about other drives apart from it's system drive.

There's a lot to be said for an SSD OS drive, SSD game drive, and a nice big storage drive... isn't even very expensive these days.

I am the one who knocks...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 02:32:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 02:32:25