Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Guitar people, find me a humbucker!

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 21:16
I came across this body and I'm considering buying it for a build. The downside, it's only been routed for a single humbucker.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unfinished-Guitar-Body-2-piece-Korina-with-bookmatched-Maple-Burl-top-/251419105708?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3a89bf19ac

Yes I could route a new one near the neck, but I don't trust myself enough to get it right the first time. (nor do I own a router) So, I decided I'll only considering getting this body if I can find a humbucker truly unique. Something different.

Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2014 06:52
What sort of sound are you after?

I always find that the pickup brand is almost irrelevant after taking into consideration pickup position, plucking position and pick type. Add in the amp, EQ and effects and you can twist a guitar sound into almost anything you want it to be.

Is this to play? or is this just to build a unique guitar?

Generally Seymour Duncan pickups are the favored brand.
however I have bought whole guitars that cost less than one Seymour Duncan pickup and sounded just fine.

you could go the truly unique road and make your own pickup.

Ok, Jokes over, No more eye burn.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2014 21:33
Hmmm, my own pickup. There's an idea! Not sure what sound I'm after, just something different. My only electric right now is a Carvin. I'd like to find fender tex mex though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 14:47:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 14:47:35