Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / good and simple 3d modeler program that works with AGK ? obj file

Author
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jan 2014 10:05
hi im trying to export an obj file from blender but it dosent seem to work with AppGameKit .. any simple 3d modeler i just need really low poly stuff and i know how to handle 3d modelers just need the right one that will work ok with AppGameKit obj file ..
any ideas?

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2014 10:18
People sometimes baulk at this - but I depend on Rhino3D. It's not a typical polygon modeller, it's nurbs - the idea being that you make your model as a solid object using extrusion, subdivision etc of different shapes, polylines, curves... then convert it to a mesh for texturing and exporting. I use it for everything, I've never even found another package that I like using. Using a package like Rhino3D to make .obj mesh files is a bit like using a clawhammer to kill a fly, but it's a workflow that suits me and I rarely have any issues with it. Rhino3D is used in all sorts of industries, it's exceptionally good for making buildings and mechanical things, but not so good for organic stuff... but the same can be said for AGK's 3D support right now!

I've had no problem at all with exported .OBJ files. I'm sure there's a demo of Rhino3D available that has a 30 save limit - might be worth giving it a go... maybe have a look for an old version pre-owned, anything above v2.0 is probably a good option.

I am the one who knocks...
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2014 11:00
I had no problems getting Blender models to work with AGK. What trouble are you having? Maybe I can help?

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2014 11:02
maybe try Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro as converter.
my favorite modeller is AC3D.
http://www.inivis.com/features.html

the .obj interface in agk is not compleate ... i will wait for v2 & 3d.

AGK 108 B19 : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon HD 6670
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2014 14:21
my favorite converter.....the one I use is here:

http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jan 2014 20:50
Thankx im searching for free only as i cannot do any online transactions , SMD the online converter seems pretty good i will check it now, thank you.

The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 18:47
There is always Sketch Up...the pro version has the exporters and i am sure with a bit of searching you may find a free one?

SketchUp is super quick to build models!

www.bitmanip.com
All the juicy you could ever dream of!
The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 18:53
Haliop

This may work (have not tested as i have sketchup pro)...download the free sketchup and model away...then follow these instructions to convert to am STL file....there are then free web based converters to convert and STL to most other formats...

http://airwolf3d.com/wiki/how-to-convert-and-export-google-sketchup-skp-files-to-stl-for-3d-printing/

www.bitmanip.com
All the juicy you could ever dream of!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 22:50:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 22:50:29