Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / 100 Strangers- A photography project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 05:02 Edited at: 12th Jan 2014 05:04
Hello! I am currently fundrasing to help me purchase new photography gear so I can further my future in photography and create amazing photos. If you could spare a few dollars it would mean a lot and help a lot! Here it is if you are willing to donate to help me! http://goo.gl/JVwI0R If you can't donate or don't want to if you have some spare time check out some of my work at: http://goo.gl/u8IB3d

I really apreciate any support I get with this. I am hoping this type of post is allowed as it is similar to a kickstarter but I am not sure if this will count as advertising! If this bumps any issues with the fourms rules im sorry!
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 09:21
Not sure if this is overstepping bounds but it feels so. My advice is to link it in your sig. I know how you feel though; my hdds are littered with incomplete things that I need funding for as I'm broke atm (didn't even have Christmas). But, yeah, afraid this may be locked. Still I wish you the best of luck.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 17:19
As far as I am concerned donation threads are permit-able however it will be for the mods as a group to decide, best thing to do is put a link in your signature as suggested.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked

View the beta TGC forum progress at the url below View beta forum
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 19:55 Edited at: 12th Jan 2014 19:55
You've got some nice photos in there.

I would say that in some images, a little attention to detail and backgrounds will turn good photos into great photos. For example...

The guitarist has a blurry woman with half a head in the window reflection. Waiting 10 more seconds would have removed her

The child at the bench would be better without a pram behind him

The eye would be so much nicer without the mucky mascara

The guy who looks native american would look brilliant in black & white with high contrast, he has some real life in his face.

The water droplets frozen in time are fantastic

The one entitled "Capitol" would look great with the curve tightened up to accentuate lights and darks.

Good luck with your project

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 22:07
Thank you everyone. I will start working on a signature right now . Also thank you for your kind words BatVink. I am still an amature and working to get better. Also those were my first try at street photography so I was extremely nervous about peoples reactions. I promise much better photos next time I hit the city streets I really appreciate everyones support!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2014 19:02 Edited at: 13th Jan 2014 19:03
Quote: "Also those were my first try at street photography so I was extremely nervous about peoples reactions"

That's why I don't take many people pictures You have to be brave with strangers reactions, and I'm not. I stick to animals, landscapes and abstract images, like this...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2014 23:36
Thats a nice picture!I agree peoples reactions are completly unkown and you will get positive and negative. But it challanges me so I like doing it.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2014 14:01
Quote: " I stick to animals, landscapes and abstract images"

I hope to god you're never attacked by carnivorous frogs while you're busy setting up the shot.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 23:43:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 23:43:35