Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Little Demo-Game with Source (thanks WickedX).

Author
VIP Member
Gold Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2014 12:35
Hi, one or the other may have already read this thread. One of the examples of WickedX has inspired me (Space Dodger). I have changed, replaced and added some graphics and have further developed the code. Now I want to share it with you.

Why do I post this here in this forum? Because I wrote the code with my own game engine. Which is DGDK compatible, as described in the above thread. However, I use some of the advanced functions of my engine so that it does not 'down' compatible.

here i will show you the main.cpp. the whole code you find in the download with all medias and executable.

This is developed with win8 and vs2012 express and compiled with xp-toolset. So you need microsofts redistributable. I've tested with win8, win7 and winxp in a virtualbox.

Hey, if you interested to play around with this example and my engine pm me please. I will give you the needed libs and includes.

here is a screen shot.

Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality. (Tenzin Gyatso)
Pixie-Particle-Engine

Attachments

Login to view attachments
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2014 12:55
It requires MSVC++ 2012 (MSVCP110.dll)

Looks nice!

WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2014 01:09
Hi, Madbit.

Wow, this got pushed down to the second page before I could see it. Yah, this look really nice. Want to play but, it fails on loading the images. Any help.

Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 10:48:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 10:48:41