Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Audio reImagined - Don't Starve (Sampler Reel)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2014 04:37 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2014 04:40
Hello, about a week ago I began creating my first video to a series I am doing on Youtube, as well as my website, called 'Audio reImagined'. What I do is grab footage from various games, cut all of the audio from the playback, and just compose something new for that particular game. My overall goal with this is to learn and experiment with a bunch of new styles, and hopefully gain a few bigger projects under my belt in the process. I'm trying to release something weekly.

The first game I've done is Don't Starve. I just created a sampler reel since it is my first video (The rest of my videos will be just a full single, downloadable track for a specific scenario such as a town theme, or dungeon theme, etc.), I wanted to really pack it in with content. The scenes I've chosen from Don't Starve are the title, grasslands, and night themes. I really sort of went along with the quirky, Tim Burton-esque vibe of the game in its entirety. I also wanted to create something a bit less, uhh, static if that makes sense; I used a lot of tempo changes and variation here.

Anyways, enough rambling.
You can watch the video from my website danielfalk.net (Just scroll down on the first page). Or just watch it here.

What I'm looking for is mainly advance on the post production of the project and comments on the overall quality; does all of the music & sounds fit, is it mixed/mastered well, does everything feel alive, etc. Anything is greatly appreciated. I want to grow as much as I can, and I've been working extremely hard to save up & acquire all of the sounds & instruments I used for this composition.

Thanks for checking it out, and I've attached the MP3 download for anyone interested in it!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2014 22:58
Just downloaded this game today, not tried it yet, game looks good.

As far as what you are doing, I think I understand. Is it to bring out compositions that you would not otherwise have created since it stems from the mood of the visuals?

The compositions are good, I like them. The video is not too entertaining, mostly because it's just someone just playing a computer game. But if the process is to just create a composition you would not have otherwise created then I would say it has been very successful

xCatalyst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2014 23:29
Thank you, yeah you are correct regarding what I'm doing. I'm just creating music for different games based purely on how it looks. I really do appreciate your kind words, the next track I am composing is a town theme for 'Brothers, a Tale of Two Sons'. I'll be posting it tomorrow actually

I try and not listen to any of the games soundtracks ahead of time just so I'm not influenced by anybody else's work besides my own.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 23:07:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 23:07:59