Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Game Kit 108.20 & 108.21

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 18:48 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 18:58
Naphier:
I posted a screenshot in an earlier post.

When I import FacebookSDK it complains about missing the required source folder gen.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 18:59
I see. Delete your agk player project, leave the fb project, clean only. Add back the ago project then clean and build. FB project always needs to be built first for me and that seems to happen when it is the topmost project.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 19:24
Naphier:
Tried that, but me and smd_3d are getting somewhere it seems.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 19:37
Seems like the best solution is to uninstall and reinstall everything.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 20:18
Yeah, I had to do that before too... You first might want to try deleting all projects out of Eclipse, then deleting all of your AppGameKit interpreter folders and such and getting a fresh copy from the installation of AGK. Sometimes weird stuff happens to that facebooksdk.jar that just won't resolve.

Here's a screenshot of a working project setup.
Also note that you can manually add dependencies via right click on your project then properties window -> Java Build Path -> Libraries Tab -> Add External JARs
That should get the facebooksdk.jar into your project.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 20:44 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 20:58
hey paul...can I just kill the mouse completely by commenting that line out?

I will try it as most people should be using the controller buttons anyways for input over ouya.

edit: nope the mouse still causes it to crash even commenting the mouse out.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 23:21
I have now uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything following the step by step guide. And I still get the same errors.

Even tried a fresh copy of the IDE folder and then import the FacebookSDK first. And this is missing the gen folder. And then when I import interpreter_android I get that the facebooksdk.jar is missing.

Do people have a facebook gen folder in their AppGameKit 108.21 installation? I sure don't.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 23:36
Quote: "And this is missing the gen folder."

Eclipse should create it if it is missing, but you can add it yourself. Just go into the facebook project folder (it should have folders named "src", "res", "libs", etc) and add a new folder called "gen", then try compiling it in Eclipse.

Quote: "nope the mouse still causes it to crash even commenting the mouse out."

Was the crash not fixed by the new native_app_glue.c file?
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 23:43 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 23:46
Quote: "Eclipse should create it if it is missing, but you can add it yourself. Just go into the facebook project folder (it should have folders named "src", "res", "libs", etc) and add a new folder called "gen", then try compiling it in Eclipse."

Oh, I have tried that one before. But I can try it again. Yep, 106 erros, 103 of them are "R cannot be resolved to a variable". Screenshot attached.

Thanks for trying

Attachments

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 01:06
My android version is 4.1.

@Paul: Damn. Really wanted to test my app on a tablet.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 02:54 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2014 02:58
Quote: "Was the crash not fixed by the new native_app_glue.c file? "

I guess it technically did not fix it as it still crashes.

but only if I use the mouse.

I can hammer on the buttons like crazy and it does not crash.

im using the Cygwin to compile it and comes up with no errors... then ive been copying the lib files into my player on eclipse. The resolution did change...but the mouse shows bogus data not even equivalent to the native resolution. if I move the mouse around it crashes.(on the gamepad)

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 05:15 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2014 05:20
@ paul

I just set the display back to 0,0 default and the player does not crash. So there is nothing wrong with the app glue ya gave me.

The crash is directly linked to the mouse feeding bizarre data to the player. If I make the back buffer 1280x720 the mouse feeds values for about x2 of the screen size ~ and not even 1920x1080...even bigger then it crashes after a few seconds of moving it around. some resolution sizes will even feed agk negative values while moving the mouse... I had as much as -200 on the x axis even though my mouse was still visible.

I wish I new c++ as id try to dig further to see if I could fix it. I have 2 books on it and should maybe start reading them to learn a bit.

Dang I love basic though......lol

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 11:33 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2014 11:35
If it's of any help. This shot is taken from the errors I get from interpreter_android_prebuilt_lite.

Attachments

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 17:44 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2014 17:54
looking at that screenshot... it doesn't look like you copied the files to your workspace? those are very long paths.
interesting enough...that screen resolution you requested doesn't have the mouse crashing? very interesting... 1280x720 the mouse crashes it but I was unable to crash this player of 854x480
give it a download...try it out but be warned that the mouse goes way outa bounds. and the x axis even goes negative.

@paul... if you have an ouya you can try this out and just make a short app showing the mouse values and you will see what I mean.

to close this player since the mouse does not line up...hit the menu button twice on your controller.

ouya player <found in play menu>--------------------------> apk download

edit: ok so I turned controller #2 on and now the mouse pad from controller 2 will crash it. so be warned it can still crash but if your not coding using the mouse then you should still beable to test your app with this player

Attachments

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 17:55
Quote: "looking at that screenshot... it doesn't look like you copied the files to your workspace? those are very long paths."

Nope, I follow the guide which uses a copy of the IDE folder. But even if I do I get the same exact errors. All errors are within the src folder in the project.

Maybe 854x480 doesn't crash because it's too small for some reason? Thanks for uploading the player! I will do some stress tests on that today

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 18:20
Well, it's nice to be able to play my game at a constant 60 FPS. But everything gets all wavy when I move. I don't know if it's OUYA's upscaling or something else.

After playing for a couple of minutes the controller stops responding, it gets stuck in whatever state it was. Then the player crashes and even the OUYA gets nuts and backs out to the main menu. Last time I even lost the games on the front page and had to go to Play and back to restore them.

So this solution is not working on OUYA.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 19:56
if you set the backbuffer to your exact resolution... that may fix the graphic being wavey... however the crash is still linked to changing that resolution backbuffer....

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 20:09 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2014 20:25
Quote: "if you set the backbuffer to your exact resolution... that may fix the graphic being wavey..."

There is no exact resolution. My virtual resolution is 200x120 but AppGameKit just treats that as a measurement. If I scale something down it will still be drawn perfectly. The graphics are not locked to 200x120 pixels only. RTA can even use other ratios so it fills any screen without black borders.

If the wavy graphics is because of the upscaling in the hardware then the only solution would be the draw to image command. I believe AppGameKit is able to upscale that image with a better result. It would however be slower than altering the frame buffer.

Just realized that I can optimize my parallax forest to use a lot less fillrate than I was planning. Basically, making the back row of trees part of the background will take them out of the equation. I think that should put it around the same as the other backgrounds.

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 20:30
wifi broadcast with AppGameKit player does not work anymore. I am using AppGameKit m 108.21 and player 20. What's happenned???
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2014 20:19
Quote: "wifi broadcast with AppGameKit player does not work anymore. "

Works fine for me...

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2014 11:09
are you using 108.21 as AppGameKit and 108.20 as player?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2014 16:55
Quote: "I guess it technically did not fix it as it still crashes."

I've attached another version of android_native_app_glue.c, I found someone talking about the same problem and they suggested the attached fix.

Attachments

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2014 01:26
ok cool I will try it out... thanks paul

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2014 10:38
SMD_3D Interactive:
If you get that one to not crash. Could post a 1080x720 player I can try?

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2014 01:31 Edited at: 6th Feb 2014 01:32
that glue works paul....excellent!

second.. I will see in your code what I can do about the mouse and see if I can get it to line up with buttons again.... if I don't have any luck at least we have a player now that runs....just without the mouse.

@digital awakening...... here is the player to try for your ouya(.apk)

buffer is set to 1280x720

Attachments

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2014 20:54
Thanks SMD_3D

Made RTA run at 60 or close to 60 FPS all the time. Nice and smooth. But gave me a weird graphical bug on the levels. Guess I still have to go with render to image.

Paul:
I had the official 108.20 player crash on OUYA after running RTA for a little while. The controller locked and the player crashed. Same thing that happened when I tried SMD_3Ds 480p player.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2014 04:07 Edited at: 7th Feb 2014 04:15
Quote: "Made RTA run at 60 or close to 60 FPS all the time. Nice and smooth. But gave me a weird graphical bug on the levels. Guess I still have to go with render to image."

that graphical bug you speak of... are you moving sprites with floating values?

eg setspriteposition(1,x#,y#) where x# could = 20.2134 blah and so on. If you do this you will get graphical glitches for sure. To fix this convert your floats back to integers and you will never see the swaying sprites due to positioning with floats.

and im assuming your using setvirtualresolution. if you are then you should think of the graphical area as pixel perfect....no floats

second you should do the same for your view offset.... do not use floats and if you do....convert them back to integers before changing the offset so its pixel perfect.

@ digital awakening... let me know if ya want to try any other player resolutions.. maybe something x2 to your virtual resolution used would work better so everything is scaled up even.

fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2014 09:12
Quote: "that graphical bug you speak of... are you moving sprites with floating values?

eg setspriteposition(1,x#,y#) where x# could = 20.2134 blah and so on. If you do this you will get graphical glitches for sure. To fix this convert your floats back to integers and you will never see the swaying sprites due to positioning with floats."

No don't. Keep things simple and use the SetSpriteSnap command and it is done for you.

http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Sprite/SetSpriteSnap.htm

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2014 11:07
I have attached an image of my problem. As you can see it's all about a few pixels to the left of every level tile, on top of the ground. Ground and "decoration" are part of the same tile and drawn at the same time.

Yes, I am moving everything with floats to make the game feel as smooth as possible. I am also using a virtual resolution of only 200x120 so integers would be horrible unless I changed it and scaled up everything in my code.

I have used spritesnap before and had a less than smooth experience. Might have been because I applied it to everything. Or I have done some modifications to the code since then. Using spritesnap on the tiles fixed the problems. And that was just one line of code. Also runs just as smooth on my PC as before. Thanks Fog

Now, if only I could get Eclipse to make APK files. Or TGC offering a 720p option in the one click solution. But at least I can test my new backgrounds using the 720p player. Thanks again SMD_3D for your help

Attachments

Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2014 14:33 Edited at: 8th Feb 2014 14:33
@SMD_3D Interactive:

thank you for posting the 1280x720 version of the player!! I've just tried it and it was great to see the ~30 fps framerate jump up to 60! It's great to know my game can function fluent on the Ouya. Like Digital Awakening, I haven't been able to compile my own player without errors yet, but hope to do so shortly (only 4 errors left ). In the meantime, I am very grateful to both you and Paul for getting the alternate player working.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2014 15:00
Zerotown:
Do you have the same 4 errors that I have? See my shots above from Eclipse. It is possible that we have the same problem.

Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2014 17:38 Edited at: 8th Feb 2014 17:41
@DA:

I've uninstalled Eclipse and all related stuff at the moment in preparation for another try to get things working. Consequently I'm not sure if our errors are an exact match. From your screenshots and descriptions, I do recognize a lot. I've encountered the following:

- R cannot be resolved to be a variable
- The import com.mycompany cannot be resolved
- gen is missing
- src-related stuff was wrong (can't recall the particular error-message)
- files have been missing (e.g. the facebook-sdk-jar I posted for you in the 'step-by-step'-thread was one of the things I ran into as well)
- HardCodedCompileScript-business missing and/or not working

Frustrating stuff, to be sure If I have another go, I'll try to note down the things that have been changed since the step-by-step guide was posted.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2014 18:13 Edited at: 8th Feb 2014 18:17
@ zero town.... try to import the project interpreter_android_prebuilt_lite instead of the other as it requires facebook sdk setup as well.
Quote: "HardCodedCompileScript-business missing and/or not working
"

this is used outside of eclipse to compile the agk lib files. If you use a prebuilt player then you will not need to use this.

The lite version still has IAP for google play as well as ad mob.

@da in no way did I say to stop using floats.... I was just meaning to say to convert it back to integers before repositioning the final sprite values. If what fog says is correct about spritesnap... never new the command existed but if it does the same job then great. As for the screen shot...is this just happening when the screen scrolls or visible at all times?

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2014 20:31
Wow! I just did a speed test. 20 of my new trees in the background and I get a solid 60 FPS until I bring up the menu (55 FPS). Which for some reason is slower than my scoring screen. This means I have no problems at all running RTA smoothly on OUYA.

Paul:
Any chance you can add an option to the one click build that is for OUYA, where the game ends up in the Play section instead of in the Make section and the framebuffer is set to 1280x720? I think with the upcoming OUYA support, this is going to be requested by others. Most games wont run fast enough at 1920x1080.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2014 23:09
Quote: "- gen is missing"

When I'm down to only 4 erros this seems to be what's causing all of them. If you get it to work it would be interesting to know how you did it. And if not it is possible that it's out of our hands. Maybe something has been updated that breaks it?

Quote: " in no way did I say to stop using floats.... I was just meaning to say to convert it back to integers before repositioning the final sprite values."

Since I use such a low virtual resolution this would be quite a problem anyway.

Quote: "As for the screen shot...is this just happening when the screen scrolls or visible at all times?"

As the screen scrolls this starts to flicker. In some positions it doesn't appear. However, the sprite snap solved it so no need to bother about it any more

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2014 03:23 Edited at: 9th Feb 2014 03:25
Quote: "sprite snap solved it "
perfect! Thanks Fog for pointing out that command I didn't know about and does the snapping for ya instead of converting floats to ints.

I was fairly sure it had something to do with floating points as I had the same issue in the past.

So This means as long as you don't use the mouse in your game... a modified ouya player will do the trick for ya.

Now you just need to get eclipse working...

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 04:55 Edited at: 11th Feb 2014 04:36
Thanks Paul for the new app glue...

I just submitted my 3rd game over to OUYA for approval today.

The Original Ice Brawlers now in multiplayer and running great with that modified player with the smaller screen buffer.

cheers!

and the link:
https://www.ouya.tv/game/Ice-Brawlers/

The modified player works great!

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2014 08:50
SMD_3D:
If you don't mind, take a look at the last few posts in this thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=210000&b=41

There's also a newer version of the program here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=210058&b=41

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2014 01:16 Edited at: 25th Feb 2014 08:15
Today i got a MotoG Smartphone,
at Adroid 4.4.2 the Backkey (screenkey) did not work in Editbox
if the Editbox contains already some chars.
edit: its a problem sometimes with all keys :-(
At my other Tablet or PC it works. Never had a Issue before.
@Paul,please can you check this if this is a os problem or a fix need in agk?
i use the online apk tool. seems v108 19.

AGK 108 (B)19 : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon HD 6670
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2014 15:09
YES I got Eclipse working. Now what do I do with android_native_app_glue.c ?

Zerotown:
Check out the APK builder thread, version 2, that Easter Bunny made. When I got that to work I also get Eclipse to work. Java wasn't properly set up and I needed to install the SDK build tools.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2014 01:15 Edited at: 26th Feb 2014 03:38
haha....nice

the rest is easy to setup then

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2014 08:08 Edited at: 26th Feb 2014 08:09
SMD_3D:
What do I do with the app glue? I went through every folder and I could not find a file to replace. I also ran a search and found no such file.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2014 19:34
Nevermind, Google is my friend and the app glue is part of the NDK.

But even though I have altered main.c to 720p, I am still getting 1080p

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2014 20:31
Yesterday I was trying to get the resolution working so I was making changes to main.c and running the HardCodedCompileScript.bat multiple times. Then suddenly I noticed that may APKs turned out around 5MB smaller than they used to and don't run on OUYA (not tested on my phone). Even the AppGameKit Player now compiles to only 472 kB. I tried to start with a fresh IDE folder but I still get the same result. Anyone got a clue?

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 06:06
yeah... do you have a player that's working with eclipse?

I would just take those new lib files that are created from running the hard coded compile script and replace the existing files in your player loaded into eclipse.

Now you say the file sizes are smaller? I would say the hardcoded compile script is not finding all your files either..

You need to copy your common folder from the agk directories into the jni folder that has main.c

after you have fixed the paths to hardcodedcompile script... that should build you 3 lib files (those are the 3 new files that need to be copied over your existing player files)

now make sure your new app glue has replaced the bad app_glue that comes with ndk

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 17:29 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2014 22:31
@paul
at samsung galaxy s4 with os 4.3. the editbox input with virtual keyboard
also not work :-(
and at my friends handy my app crash.
a working editbox is important in all my apps.
(i had use the online apk tool.)

AGK 108 (B)19 : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon HD 6670
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 19:54
SMD_3D Interactive:
Currently nothing I make with Eclipse works, not even the player. I have tried to start over with fresh projects but I still end up with APKs almost 5 MB smaller than they should be. Both the player and RTA. I am now thinking that I probably need to start fresh. I just haven't had the time and energy to do that yet.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2014 01:40 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2014 01:43
joysticks available does not seem possible with any version of agk... (at least on windows)

if I have 2 controllers plugged into my pc it only registers 1. but... I can code and use both.

How am I suppose to code a trap for that if I start pulling data from controller 2...and if its not there it crashes.

Quote: "Returns 1 if the current device has at least one physical joystick available as an input method. 0 if it has no joystick physical joysticks. If you find that the platform has no physical joysticks you can create virtual ones that appear on screen for use by touch screens or mice with AddVirtualJoystick. GetJoystickExists does not count virtual joysticks in its check. On some platforms joystick detection is run on a background thread that may not complete for some time after your app has started, to wait for the thread to complete use CompleteRawJoystickDetection to be sure that any connected joysticks have been found. "

well regardless.... there is no way to get a controller count... if it finds more then 1...its only reporting 1

if there is more then one controller plugged in this command just reports 1 stick only.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2014 08:22
SMD_3D:
You can ask players to press start or something to join. Like on a player selection screen.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2014 01:28
@da... the problem with that is if I try to pull data from joystick 2 and it does not exist....this will cause a crash on windows.

It works fine on ouya + android...just not windows.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:27:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:27:20