Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK - IOS Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 19:45
Ok, I just bought a new MacBook Air and a subscription to Apple Developers. Wow, thought Id never give in to this rip off company but I had no choice as I couldn't get VirtualBox to install the OS X in Windows. I think Apple should give TGC a kickback for their amazing AppGameKit! I'm sure others here have also bought a Mac for the simple reason that AppGameKit exists!

My Question is: After I convert my Tier1 BASIC project to IOS format with my MAC using the illustrated tutorial by AppGameKit to do so with XCODE and etc. -> Can I transfer it to my local Ipad/Ipod for testing without first uploading to my the AppStore.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 25th Feb 2014 05:18 Edited at: 25th Feb 2014 05:20
If you have an apple developer account, then yes.
But I'm not sure how, something about adding the device ID to a special debug build or something like that.

somebody else here will be able to tell you how though.

Better yet, just Google it, it's not an AppGameKit specific thing

EDIT: Here you go: http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-test-your-apps-on-physical-ios-devices--mobile-13861

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2014 04:20
To get your app onto your iOS device, connect the iOS device to your Mac device with the standard USB connector for the iOS device.

Then, you use the 'build and run' command (triangle or menus, I haven't looked at it recently) and make sure to select your iOS device.

You may need to first add your device to your developer account. Xcode is usually pretty good about helping with that (and I forget all the steps at the moment).

Once you use Xcode to run the app on your iOS device, you can run it any time you want without Xcode. It actually installs it on your device.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
aviles22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2014 14:52
Exactly what I was hoping! Especially due to the fact that it can take up to a month to publish onto the App Store. Google Play for Android is an hour tops to publish and they only charge $25 per/year. I wish one day Apple would realize how difficult they make it for their own customers!

Thanks to your generous responses!
aviles22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2014 22:33
OMG!! Ancient Lady, I've been trying for days to transfer my app into XCODE using the old tutorial from the AppGameKit website until I stumbled upon your updated tutorial on this forum. First try was a success. Thank you so much as my hair is now starting to grow back from pulling it out.

HOWEVER (of course) when I compile and run I play my game but all of my sprite images are just red x's as if they can't be found. What am I doing wrong?

And another question is when it runs my app the AppGameKit Player is first loaded then my game into that. Is my published game going to do the same when its downloaded from AppleStore?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 04:47
aviles22, always glad to help.

I need to find time to update it for Xcode 5. Apple drastically changed the interface between 4 and 5. They do NOT make things easy.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
aviles22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 20:19
Thanks Again Ancient Lady - You are awesome!

To anyone who made need help as I truly almost gave up with IOS and strictly stick with Android!

I fixed all my errors in XCODE and have successfully built my AppGameKit App. I have also properly setup provisioning to test on all of my IOS devices (I have 4 children who each have Ipads.) I also fixed the media pngs that were improperly allocated!

I took notes on everything I did in the process and I (giving enough time) want to create a tutorial or answer any posts anyone may be loosing hair over!

And once again thanks all for your wisdom and TGC for an AMAZING APP DEVELOPMENT ENGINE!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 02:57
Always glad to help.

Now that I am sort of settled in Alaska (subject to a move to an apartment, yeah, in 8 days and then finding and buying a house when my hubby gets up here in a few months), I hope to be able to finish my WIP and get it published with Apple. But first I have to finish getting Apple to change my account from Triassic Associates, Inc. (Virginia company closed in December) to Triassic Associates, LLC (Alaska company created in January).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 12:27
I hope Apple will never change the method they use for Certifications/XCode and the 100$!!!
I don't want the Apple store get full of garbage like on Android.
Also i hate hacks and cracks on Android, so better Apple remain how they are now!

Long life to Steve!
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 13:03
The Apple Store has plenty of garbage! being Apple, it's pretty garbage!

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?
aviles22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2014 17:19
I totally agree with JimHawkins! I have all Android devices but unfortunately my kids do not yet understand the criminal like intent that Apple delivers when they rip off and market to their customers in such great greed! So they all have iPads. I do like their devices but they are no more than over priced Android device that offer the same. I compare Apple to a large MOB. Nobody has to agree, its just my opinion!

It took about a half hour and $25 to get my game converted and published onto the Google App Store.

It took me about a week to Google every excruciating step badly documented and changed almost every month by Apple including the XCODE interface, also $100 and a $1,200 Mac Book Air! I know I just contradicted myself by purchasing this crap but DID I REALLY HAVE A CHOICE? It also proved my point when I got the Mac Book Air home and realized yet another ridiculous Apple accessory to promote their criminal intent when I realized their is now a special $50 adapter needed to purchase to get your MacBook video output to an HDMI display. They couldn't just have an HDMI connection there? Come On Already Apple!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2014 02:31
You could have bought a Mac Mini for like $500, would have softened the blow a bit.
But I can't disagree with your sentiments. Apple is the master of exclusivity and high premiums. Just because they charge more for everything it gives the illusion that it is better.
I do have to give them some kudos though. If you ever have to contact Apple support for a product OR as a developer. You can actually talk to a human. You cannot contact Google if you have an issue as a developer (albeit I think many many less people have issues with Google stuff).

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 18:29 Edited at: 5th Mar 2014 18:31
Are you earning something with Android and AppGameKit?
This is a developer forum, not the better phone forum.

We need to talk of marketing not if you like Android or Apple.
And, as i can talk, Apple is the market.

Windows now emulate Android 100% so is the end for it.
Remember this words, they will sandbox it's SDK (already doing) and Java is at the end of his life.

I think Microsoft and Apple will be the only ones will remain on mobiles and their marketing are successful.

Long life to Steve!
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 19:04
Quote: "I think Microsoft and Apple will be the only ones will remain on mobiles and their marketing are successful."

Very funny. Android is most of mobile market.

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 00:33:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 00:33:38