Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / New Guy! Stupid question!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does AppGameKit use the same coding language as DBpro? For instance Center Text and Wait Key doesn't seen to produce anything. I want to make games I've Mae in dark basic apps and I don't want to change a ton of the code. Is that possible?
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 12:37
AGK is a new language, there isn't really a direct relationship as far as syntax goes - but it probably wouldn't take long to learn the differences. A lot of the game logic will transfer, but arrays for example use square brackets. I think the ease of conversion depends on how neat the DBPro code is.

I am the one who knocks...
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 13:32
I have a huge pile of papers on my desk, and somewhere in the middle of it is all the regular expressions I wrote to convert DBP to AGK. It covers about 90% of the directly convertible code. If I find it I'll post it.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 14:02
Most commands are similar in syntax and function. But not all DBP features are available in AppGameKit and things sometimes works differently.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 00:28:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 00:28:42