Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Double clic to open an AGK file ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 13:08
Hi

Is there a methode to open an agk file (.agc or .cbp) with the editor with a simple doubleclic on this file ?

Explication :
When I doubleclic on a .txt, it open notepad and open this file, when I double clic on a .doc, it open word and open this file. But when I double clic on an agk file (.agc or .cbp), it just open agk.exe (the editor) but not open the file.
I have add the parameter of the agk file (.agc or .cbp) to be opended by agk.exe, but I have no result.

So why ?

Thank you for your answer.

http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 14:27 Edited at: 1st Mar 2014 14:36
don't know why - but i saw if agk is open a double click at project
file add it to the workspace list.

AGK 108 (B)19 : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon HD 6670
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 18:20
Double clicking to open is the default behaviour on both of my PC's with AppGameKit installed. I'm pretty sure I haven't had to change anything.

This is definitely the case with project files (.cbp), I don't very often click just a single source file.

The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 18:32
Not at my PC but make sure that codeblocks (the ide) allows more than one instance to open, then ensure files of type .adk, .cbp are associated (via windows) to AGK.exe...should work okay?

www.bitmanip.com
All the juicy you could ever dream of!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 20:04
You can set the default behavior for double clicking on the .cbp file.

I just clicked on one and was asked if I wanted to set the default program. If I did, I would then browse to the AppGameKit executable and select it.

Since I keep multiple versions of AppGameKit on my computer, I don't want it to default to just one version.

But, if you only keep one version, then it should work.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 16:44:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 16:44:43