Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Any examples of apps, not games, made with agk?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all.

I'm just wondering if there are any examples of apps on the app store/play store which have been made with agk? I'm specifically wondering about apps which are not games, since agk seems to have such a game-centric focus.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 20:15
TGC (Paul) has an app out for practicing for the driver's tests in the UK. I can't remember the name and can't find the reference for it.

Someone also did a Basic editor/compiler (a bit redundant, but interesting).

AGK has all the basic bits for a non-game application. It comes down to designing and executing it.

Most of the people working with AppGameKit are doing games. But there is nothing to stop anyone from doing something else (I have a couple of non-game ideas that might get done after my WIP is done.)

But I don't think anyone has posted code for a non-game.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 21:30 Edited at: 1st Mar 2014 21:32
Driving Test Success Theory and Hazard

GG PHP Editor

ICNS Icon Creator

I had also developed the photo processing app below (a total conversion from an Objective C version I made) but it was never released due to 1-2 persistent issues with AppGameKit that were never solved to my liking.

Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 00:02 Edited at: 4th Mar 2014 00:12
Hi

here is a link to my app

Piggy bank tracker 2 which lets you keep track of the money in your piggy bank.

Piggy Bank Tracker 2
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool examples! I wasn't looking for code or anything I was just curious to see what was out there, considering almost everything I've seen made in agk has been a game.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 20:00
Wasn't there some kind of drawing app someone did?

AGK isn't fully complete with everything you might need to make apps. I believe text input is still not what it should be at.

But AppGameKit (like the name suggests) is mainly for games and since TGC (like the name suggests) have always focused on game creation software, most users want to make games.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
unfortunately AppGameKit does not have GUI creation commands for native buttons etc... its a game engine so no complaints there.

for doing this kind of productivity apps I am using Delphi on suggestion of other forum members!

designing a screen, adding some functionality, and creating an android apk takes a matter of minutes!!!
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 22:08
Quote: "Wasn't there some kind of drawing app someone did?"

Tornado did a drawing app called Chalk and Crayon

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2014 09:32
There was a MIDI sequencer as well, but that was back when AppGameKit was first released, and I'm embarrassed to admit I don't remember who made it.

I am the one who knocks...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 02:10:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 02:10:57