Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Help with physics joints

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2014 04:39 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2014 05:22
I'm trying to understand how they work. Here's an example of trying to make a bridge using line joints.

I'm trying to use SetJointLimitOn to limit the amount of spring between joints, and even though the help file specifically states:
"Works on Line joints, Prismatic joints, and Revolute joints"
I get an error saying: "Attempted to set a joint limit on a joint that doesn't support limits".

My other question is, how can I control where the joint connects to on the 2nd sprite? I would think the intuitive thing would be to specify the anchor point on both sprites, not just one.

edit
Just discovered the distance joint is more of what I want to use. Still, is there a bug with joint limits?

Here's another issue I'm seeing. Run this example and you'll notice how the far right joint stretches out very far. Kind of defeating the purpose of using a distance joint. And my "bridge" is constantly moving.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 21:16:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 21:16:12