Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] rolfy (& everyone in Fallout's last thread): I have something to say

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 09:14
In this thread, http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=210282&b=2&p=0#m2511706, I was unjustifiably personally insulted by you and the thread locked before I could respond to your second attack (I don't hold it against Van, he's just doing his job as a moderator).

However, rolfy, I'm still going to apologise for anything I may have said that was offensive to you. I don't want animosity between myself and anyone on this forum which is why I have avoided arguments and taken a step back since returning here. I would have prolly responded differently yesterday but I was taken by surprise and just posted in anger.

I do still maintain that your behaviour was wrong (Fallout asked for suggestions, I gave him some without discrimination. He did not start a thread called "Let's debate ethics"). I also take great exception to your last post where you referred to my world as a "supposed 'harsh'" one considering you know nothing about what I have been through. The only point I agree with you on is that what I suggested was stupid, however if that stupid thing allows someone to maintain some semblance of their lifestyle rather than end up under a bridge eating leftovers or at a night shelter, then I'm proud I'm foolish enough to have posted something stupid amongst my other very constructive suggestions. Either way, it wasn't for you to judge me. Sure, disagree and voice your own opinions, but don't judge someone and belittle them for saying something that you disagree with. To paraphrase an old quotation, "I may disagree with what you say but I will defend, to the death, your right to say it" which is something I live by.

Anyway, I feel that you owe me an apology, too. The way you treated me was disrespectful to say the least and I didn't ask for it. Whether or not you choose to apologise is between you and your conscience. Regardless, I forgive you anyway because I don't want animosity and because I used to be a lot like you (the 'you' that you displayed in that that thread) so I know how I would have felt in that situation.

To Fallout and those participating in that thread, let me once again apologise for what happened in your thread. I know I got a little too defensive and I prolly could have dealt with the attack differently.

To Van (and any other mod that happens upon this), I'd like to make a special request (pretty please) that a link to this thread be posted in the locked thread, just for continuity and to give me this chance to respond fairly. It would be nice of this wasn't locked either so as to give anyone involved a chance to respond.
Finally, I'm sorry for adding fuel to the fire. I promise the next time someone insults me or gets personal with me, I'll use the red button instead of exacerbating things by trying to take the law into my own hands.

With Deepest Sincerity,
Jason

ver 7.5 /// int 145 /// str 45 /// dex 85 /// end 200 /// mat 3
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 11:17
Quote: "I was unjustifiably personally insulted by you"
I agree, and I would have said something in support of you had the thread not been locked.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 12:39
As long as this thread is not causing a flame war I am happy to leave it open, other mods may not agree so it may be locked.

We won't be posting in the other thread though, that thread is done with and by posting we will push it back up the board

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked

View the beta TGC forum progress at the url below View beta forum
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 14:32 Edited at: 9th Mar 2014 15:06
I wasn't going to post but so your not wasting your time....or mine I will be clear.

It will be a cold day in Hell when I apologise to anyone around here for speaking the truth.

You may feel that was an unjustified personal attack, but I feel I had reason. You fail to understand the difference between honest and dishonest. The method you suggested is not used by honest people but dirty little scammers who don't need the money to survive and your belief that it's ok if it prevents you starving or losing your home is utter rubbish. And I felt someone should set the record straight.

Fact is using this as an excuse for dishonesty causes further hardship for those who are genuinely in need and maybe being honest going out and scamming people on the street isn't an option.

Didn't you yourself post a thread on 'being in Hell', a major reason being you 'were scammed for everything you had' maybe they may have been needing it more than you did, since they were 'starving and homeless'.

If it's something yoo haven't even done yourself then why suggest someone else do it? Your belief that it's not breaking any Laws is naive at best. To put it simply your 'suggestion' was misleading for numerous reasons and your still trying to justify it which I find mind boggling.

I am sure you would be one of the first to report a thread with pirated software round here and they would surely be banned, so whats the difference when someone posts encouraging people to scam money?

Whatever, I don't need to rally support from the clique around here nor do I seek apology.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 15:06
Why not continue this crap via I.M. and keep it off the forum. Consider it a suggestion, because if this keeps up there will not be a warning.

I am the one who knocks...
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 15:08
Nice to see the new PM system is hard at work, or was this thread made so OP could reach out for attention? In my opinion, if you have an issue with someone, why not talk to them privately, instead of making a scene?

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 17:04
Quote: "Didn't you yourself post a thread on 'being in Hell', a major reason being you 'were scammed for everything youhad' maybe they may have been needing it more than you did, since they were 'starving and homeless'."

There's a major difference between begging for money under the auspices of having been mugged and actually pretending to be a business and disappearing with just about every cent someone has.

Look, I don't have a problem with your point of view. It was the personal things you said to and inferred about me that I had a problem with. Clearly you don't think that personal attacks on me are wrong so there is no use in any discussion with you. I hope we can remain on good terms in spite of this, should our paths cross again. Hopefully we'll both have matured a little by then Seriously though, no hard feelings.

Quote: "or was this thread made so OP could reach out for attention?"

SpyDaniel, you are partially right. Yes, I wanted to grab attention because I was denied the chance to respond to what was said. But I was only truly looking for the attention of those involved in the thread. More important than my response, I had a message because I genuinely meant that I was sorry if I said anything to cause offence to anyone and that I was sorry for fanning the flames. Using the IM system would have been impractical for this.

DJD: I appreciate your support. Whether clique-inspired or not, you meant well and for that I am grateful.

The Next: Yeah, I get where you're coming from. In hindsight it was an OTT request.

Van, I'm sorry. I didn't mean this thread to become hostile but it seems it has started to. I guess this thread will be locked too? I understand. My motives, though mostly being an apology, were not entirely pure. I still haven't entirely mastered walking away. But please believe that my primary motive was genuine. I guess I can't fix this (maybe I made a bigger mess) but I'm hoping this post will maybe patch it.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 17:10
Honestly, take this into private messaging - it's there for a reason. If you cannot walk away and want to continue talking to the people involved, just send them a PM - because now you're involving people not needed to be involved, and like spy daniel said: You're just making a scene

Whose eyes are those eyes?
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 17:30
I don't plan on taking it anywhere, Quik. As far as I'm concerned, this thing is closed. I said what I needed to. In fact I'm not even going to post in this thread again, no matter what anyone else posts after this. Btw, Quik, I really am sorry for getting you involved.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:47:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:47:26