Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Today I found my first forum post

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2014 22:22 Edited at: 12th Mar 2014 22:25
Is a shame that I don't remember password for the account. Still, I can not believe that bad grammar!

I never joined apollo until after rgt closed down.. I wonder if somebody remember me from there, although I doubt it since it was so long >.<

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=10356&b=8

Edit:
I still have that game "enric the knight" .exe

IS that a game, a program, or 3 year old drawing.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 12th Mar 2014 22:50
Quote: "Edit:
I still have that game "enric the knight" .exe"

I'd like to see a comparison in framerate now compared to the 18 you got 11 years ago. Wish I could see what it looked like that got you 18 fps.

"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2014 07:18
Quote: "Is a shame that I don't remember password for the account. Still, I can not believe that bad grammar!"

So not much has changed.

I jest, good sir. Thine grammar is not of perfect standards, however, thou art infinitely improved.
Besides, a recent thread that I posted in had some horrific grammar but I couldn't edit my posts as I wanted to preserve their authenticity. In truth, my grammar is far from perfect. I look forward to the release of the beta forum for this reason (post previews will be a feature).
If you ever doubt your grammar, past or present, simply login to failbook -- ahem, facebook, my had -- and have a gander at any teenage relative's account. I can promise you that the then-you's grammar is nothing by comparison. My very distant cousin texted me the other day and I actually needed to sit with a pen and scap of paper to decrypt the message (and subsequent ones).

Back on the topic of first posts, yours is not that embarrassing. Truly, you come across as a kid at Christmas who's really excited about something he built with his Lego. My first post is far worse.

Btw, you should resurrect that old project and polish it up some day, just for a comparison.

ver 7.5 /// int 145 /// str 45 /// dex 85 /// end 200 /// mat 3
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2014 10:00
I have tried a remake already during a competition in 2006, however that was quickly abandoned. Nevertheless I have always wanted to make a proper 3rd person RPG, and in some bizarre logic you could say my current project is a 4th remake of enric.

The game itself that is spoken about in that thread is not impressive. Just a couple of primitive objects and extremely simple story progression. It was also my first time programming anything at all. Honestly I am surprised that it really act like a game at all.

As for my grammar: it is not a lot better than then, what I really meant was the horrible spelling I had!

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2014 09:04
Hey those links are broken where is the game?

All your TGC are belong to us.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 15th Mar 2014 11:12
Was it your first post or your first thread?

Even more impressive if your first actual post concerned a completed game. I'm sure my first post was something far less significant. Is there a simple way of finding one's first post as opposed to first thread? [I'm not sure I want to see mine - bound to be a daft question about something "obvious". ]

Powered by Free Banners
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2014 14:54
It was my first post/thread here at Apollo which is why I thought it was fun. My very first db related post was a help request at RGT and I remember Mullvalen helped me with the problem I had.. amazingly

I attached the game to this post since some of you wanted to see it, lol. But it was not intended as a game advertisement, just a fun post discovery.

(you may need to run as administrator in Win98 compatibility mode, and also d3drm.dll to play game.) Btw, it still play at 18fps

Attachments

Login to view attachments
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2014 16:04
Quote: "Btw, it still play at 18fps"

SYNC RATE 18?

I play at 38 FPS. Is there level 3?

Attack system of four moves is neat, you should use it in HD remake.

All your TGC are belong to us.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 15th Mar 2014 17:25 Edited at: 15th Mar 2014 18:34
Quote: "I attached the game to this post "

Now that is impressive housekeeping.

Edit Just tried it. Sadly, I can't seem to move the player. I can get him to move his right foot forward just one step and that's it. Am I missing something? I tried pressing keys 2, 4, 6 and 8 and various other keys - I think it might have been an arrow key that made his right leg finally move. But that was it. I tried placing the DLL in the game's folder, changing display resolution and still no luck.

Edit2 This is getting sad. It seems that the keys 2,4,6 and 8 are the ones on the numeric keypad not the ones I was using. Oh well. I can see it might be obvious to those who use the numeric keypad, but why not say so here:

Anyway, now that I can play it, it seems well-crafted for a first forum post.