Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Compiling T2: 'HTOUCHINPUT' : undeclared identifier

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2014 05:57 Edited at: 16th Mar 2014 06:22
I get an error compiling the VC2008 T2 Windows template (copied to a different location, paths updated).

Quote: "error C2065: 'HTOUCHINPUT' : undeclared identifier"

What does this mean?

EDIT: I just discovered this also happens when compiling the template without any modifications or movements whatsoever. So straight out of the box it fails. What's up with that?

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2014 08:06 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2014 12:48
I figured it out myself.

I did some extensive research and eventually decided HTOUCHINPUT was part of something called the Windows SDK. The AppGameKit help doesn't tell us we need it, but I found it in Program Files(x86)\Microsoft SDKs. I don't remember ever downloading it, so it may come with Windows. Regardless, why do the help files not even mention it if it's necessary?

I put the Include folder into the include directories as well as the Lib directory into the linker and it all works fine now, albeit with a whole heap of warnings.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2014 13:01 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2014 05:42
Could a mod please change the title of this thread to:

Compiling T2: 'HTOUCHINPUT' : undeclared identifier

Please? I mistyped when I wrote it and I want to make it as easy to find for other people as possible. Thanks

EDIT: Don't worry, did it myself now that I'm a mod

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 08:36:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 08:36:11