Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / FPSC-2-AGKv2 or FPSCR-2-AGK

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2014 21:17
I was wondering if and/or when the Makers of FPSC-2-AGK would make an update to FPSC-2-AGK to maybe make it compatible with AGKv2 and if there is a plan to make the old or a new version that we can use on FPSCR.

FPSCR and AGK2 how great is that!!!
Go TGC yay!!
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2014 16:51
Well I am going to wait until FPSCR is released as everything at the minute is still kind of in flux and might change, meaning I would keep having to update the program to work with the changes every time a beta is released etc.. I am also eagerly watching the development of AppGameKit v2, especially for new 3d commands, to enhance the product further.

So its not likely to happen in the very near future, but don't think that I have forgotten about the product. An update will be made when the time is right !

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2014 21:07 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2014 21:07
Quote: "Well I am going to wait until FPSCR is released as everything at the minute is still kind of in flux and might change, meaning I would keep having to update the program to work with the changes every time a beta is released etc.. I am also eagerly watching the development of AppGameKit v2, especially for new 3d commands, to enhance the product further."

Are you planning to continue support for FPSC Classic, or will updates for FPSC-2-AGK only support Reloaded? I ask only because we purchased the app last year, found it to be of great use (as pointed out here), and will be remaining in FPSC Classic. While the current version does exactly what we need, we were just curious if any updates will be for both or just Reloaded.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2014 13:08
Well I haven't even looked at how reloaded games are structured, and how it compares with FPSC classic, and if the engine source isn't released for reloaded then it could be difficult.

Also as reloaded produces a lot more detailed games this might not be ideal for mobile platforms? I can't say for sure until I try all these things out. But I my main goal will be to bring some of the new AppGameKit 3D features in to the tool when they are added, so perhaps support for dynamic objects, maybe more. We will have to see how it goes !

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2014 14:56
Reloaded probably works completely differently to FPSC... like rather than a grid layout and predictable map - FPSCR is probably using a dynamic entity system, meaning lots of objects positioned and rotated in 3D space. It's not always possible to export that stuff, certainly not in a way that AppGameKit would appreciate.

Plus there's the terrain system - the terrain in FPSCR will be internal, so it'll never actually exist as a 3D model. Maybe it'd be better to not rely on FPSCR scenes making it to AppGameKit - allow people to adapt their workflow so they can do what they need, like finding ways of exporting terrains for AGK... like using Rhino3D and exporting to .OBJ for instance. I'm quite happy with the results of that, maybe the most annoying thing there is the shader support.

I am the one who knocks...
Marla
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

got one question to FPSC-2-AGK:

As it does not export characters - how can I add them within AppGameKit?

How can I find out at which position within the level the player is, so that I can add sprites etc.?

Thank you!!!

Take care,

M.
Marla
Years of Service
User Offline
...sorry, think my last post has nothing to do with this topic.

gonna open a new psot for my question...

Cheers,

M.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2014 18:24
I have replied to your other thread about the player position. Dynamic entities currently aren't exported from FPSC 2 AppGameKit because AppGameKit has no 3d commands and this makes it's somewhat pointless. So at the minute there is no easy way to have 3d character that are animated in your game, you can convert them to 2d sprites and do it that way which I probably easiest. But it can be done if you really put a lot of work in as you can see here I believe: https://www.technofunding.com/index.php?project_id=143#projects&project_id=143

However when AppGameKit gets some more 3d commands I will start working on entity export.

Marla
Years of Service
User Offline
Wizzkid, thank you very very much!!!

So, you mean GetCameraX/Y/Z, right?

That helps...!!!!

Again, thank you very much.

Best,

M.
Marla
Years of Service
User Offline