Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Updates?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2014 22:45
I am pretty much a noob at publishing apps to Apple AppStore and GooglePlay. With my first app published I noticed a bug in it and fixed it. Now my question is when I submit my new binary will everyone who has downloaded my app get an auto update of the new binary or is that something that has to be setup by me? I notice that the apps in my own phone will auto update when the developer creates an update for the corresponding game.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
It is something that is set up by the users depending on their device and OS version. Apple users on iOS 6 or below must manually update the apps, while iOS 7 and Android makes it possible to auto-update but that setting can still be disabled. Just make sure your version number in your manifest/bundle file is higher than the previous before attempting to submit the update or it won't go through.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2014 09:37
I installed Soaring Blue Jay so I could add a review in last month's newsletter. I can tell you that it is automatically updating on my Android phone. If I did not set auto-update, it would notify me that an update was available, and appear in my list of apps to update in the Play Store app.

aviles22
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2014 19:05
Excellent BatVink and thank you much. With that said and thanks to AdBot I just learned that every time I update my app I have to change the build number associated with the app and updates will take their course.

How do you like the new version? I added some scenes and skill difficulty options which makes a scoring goal in 3 ways and of course the option for free play to keep the game like a classic "Flappy" game. Added pausing (left and right hand orientation) and options to disable/enable weather and sounds. Also updated it yesterday for a small bug I had using a duplicate goto: label.

I am going to submit this into the contest so if you have any info on where to register for the contest please let me know!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 05:59:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 05:59:21