Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Camaro, Challenger, Mustang, or Something else?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2014 04:34 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2014 20:30
I'm in the market for a new car and I've narrowed it down to a Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challenger, or Ford Mustang(current generation, not classic). All are generally in my price range and I'm a huge fan of modern muscle cars. I got to test drive a few Camaros(which I'm leaning towards) and I've been in Mustangs, but not the Challenger yet.

I have seen/driven Camaros and overall I like them. The only real things that bothers me about the Camaro are its small windows/poor visibility and the lack of cabin space. The first time I drove one it felt downright unsafe. After a few more rides I see that it's not a safety hazard, but does change the feel of the car(kind of like being in an armored vehicle which will take some getting used to). If I go that route I'm going to get a Camaro with a sunroof and give it a more open feel. Cabin space is also a potential issue. Driver and passenger seats are fine, but the back seats are smallest of the 3 and almost unusable.

Mustangs are cheaper and have visibility comparable to most normal sedans but the design is kind of stale now days. They do have some better cabin space than the Camaro though.

Challengers in my opinion are kind of in the middle in terms of design, still have to test drive one. Gas mileage is the worst on the Challenger and the cost would be higher than the other 2. Cabin space is largest of the 3 in the Challenger.

On all three I would want to get a V6 in the lower packages as I'm mainly after looks. All these cars have enough power on a V6 to beat most sedans on the road. The car should look good in black, dark blue, or dark gray. Decent looking rims are a must(2014 Camaro base rims look horrible, 2013 and below Camaro base rims and below look great though).

Mainly I want a car with great looks, a build quality/design to last the next few years, versatility for road trips, every day driving, and some "occasional performance fun".

So which of the 3 is the best choice? Should I consider something else?
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2014 05:57
I can't speak from experience, as I've never driven any of them. One of my close pals has a Mustang, which he quite likes (he's Ford bred and raised though, so he didn't consider anything else). Up here in Northern California the Mustang is basically ubiquitous, you can't throw a stone a few meters without hitting one. I like the look of all of them though, so I'm no help (past family employment leaves me partial to Chevy though).

I drive a Chevrolet Sonic, not quite up there with the muscle cars
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2014 13:04
Lexus IS300.

Job done. lol I love mine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 08:43:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 08:43:40