Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Anyone interested in a group production?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2014 18:56
So I entered a silly Flappy Bird clone into the AppGameKit competition, however in the process I made several variations of the game and also got my home server up and running quite well. Oddly, the game has been finding users and getting some downloads, and I wondered if the concept would work if the flappy bird era was left out.

A while ago I wondered about putting together a Wii style package, and compendium of really simple quick fire games. Would anyone else be interested in this? The target game would be free, supported by adverts if everyone agreed, and anything that was made would be split evenly across all contributors.

I can bring to the table some simple games of my own, and I'll happily do the front end and and build in web/server support. The "flappy bird" experiment also gave me cause to work out the kinks in both my app and home side servers routines, and it's been running for several days now without a hitch, happily registering, handling and dropping clients as needed and maintaining a high score table. This currently allows the app to send in a fair wack of data (on the flappy bird game I can see how many times the game has been launched, how many times each game has been played, top scores in each game etc etc), although it could theoretically capture anything that's wanted.

Is this something that might be of interest to anyone else, especially those who are perhaps newer to AppGameKit or who don;t have time for large complex projects?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:47:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:47:46