Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / whitelisting ads...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 01:32 Edited at: 25th Mar 2014 01:37
Hi guys! I am testing Ghostery:
Quote: "Ghostery is a browser tool available for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer, as well as a standalone app available for iOS. It scans the page for trackers - scripts, pixels, and other elements - and notifies you of the companies whose code is present on the webpage you are visiting. Usually, these trackers aren’t visible, and they are often hard to find in the page source code. Ghostery allows you to learn more about these companies and their practices, and block the page elements from loading if the user chooses. "

The question is: when I want to whitelist ads on a certain site, is it enough to allow ad type elements or I need to allow everything - trackers like google analytics and others?

example:

All your TGC are belong to us.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 03:13
If you want to actually help the sites why not just send them cash?

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 16:00
If the site is asking to disable adblock to help them, I sure will do it. But! I don't want to enable trackers and other spy scripts. So I don't know if I turn only ad type elements on - will it still bring money to the site?

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 16:49
Just don't use Google, only visit one site at a time, clear cache & cookies etc before entering a new site and always use a proxy... Okay that is quite a hassle for normal folks, fair enough

You're a bad man!
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 16:58
Ghostery allows don't do all that stuff. But you missed the topic.

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 21:28
I missed the PS3 era of games too, lol. I thought you meant you were trying to achieve privacy, but I see you mean to use this app specifically. Well, only help I can give is to bump your thread so a more knowledgeable soul may see it. Good luck.

You're a bad man!
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2014 13:43
Quote: "I missed the PS3 era of games too, lol."

You said that like this is your birth date LOL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 16:52:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 16:52:46