Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Localised Payment display for IAP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2014 11:53
Is it possible in Tier 1 to display the price of IAP specific to the location of the users store?

For example. For UK users show the price of in IAP in pounds, and for the US store display it in dollars.

I need a way to display the price of my IAP items, but it needs to be localised.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2014 11:58
Actually, exactly this (from apple dev)

Quote: "Display prices clearly, using the locale and currency returned by the App Store. Ensure that the price of a product is easy to find and easy to read. Don’t try to convert the price to a different currency in your UI, even if the user’s locale and the price’s locale differ. Consider, for example, a user in the United States who prefers the United Kingdom locale for its units and date formatting. Your app displays its UI according to the United Kingdom locale, but it still needs to display product information in the locale specified by the App Store. Converting prices to British pounds sterling, in an attempt to match the United Kingdom locale of the rest of the interface, would be incorrect. The user has an App Store account in the United States and pays in U.S. dollars, so prices would be provided to your app in U.S. dollars. Likewise, your app would display its prices in U.S. dollars. Listing 2-3 shows how to correctly format a price by using the product’s locale information."
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2014 17:18
I show all of my prices as USD in my App and Apple hasn't said anything. I do not put a "USD" label on it, but just a $. But they have seen the storefront in my app and have seen the price in USD.

AGK has no way of returning what country the user is in so it is impossible for us to determine an exchange rate. Likewise AppGameKit does not obtain the price from the App Store so... we can't do anything about it. However, I think that this feature would be EXTREMELY important.

In iOS you will show a UI for your store front with prices for the locale of the app's publisher or however you set up the pricing in iTunes Connect. Once a user taps on your UI to select a purchase they are then presented with iOS UI that will show the price after exchange rate.

I'm a bit confused by their statement. If you've paid for their dev fee you can probably get someone on the phone to clarify.

JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2014 08:23
Thanks for the help.

I'll do the same and just display my prices in USD.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 22:12:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 22:12:20