Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / if (AGK_IDE == CodeBlocks_IDE) {shock(); surprise(); smile();}

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2014 20:56
Well, I was on my way to bed when I thought "lemme install this AppGameKit and just see..."
First thing I notice when I see the IDE is the familiar Code::Blocks layout. Next thing I notice is the .cbp extensions. Finally I notice the process name is "codeblocks.exe" in taskman. I'm prolly over-excited because of my long day, but does this mean what I think? AGK's IDE is a fork of CB? We, the community, can make our own forks? I feel like a kid at Easter who just unwrapped a Christmas present.

Disclaimer: I know this info is prolly available on the forum (somewhere) and I haven't even RTFM with regard to AppGameKit, but I figure this'll be an interesting topic to discuss, especially if some of our IDE designers show up.

You're a bad man!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2014 21:39 Edited at: 29th Mar 2014 21:41
TGC I believe actually got the codeblock authors themselves to make the AppGameKit IDE. I can't recall where at on the forum I read this.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2014 21:49
I don't know why you keep mentioning umbrellas ('brolly') but you should read this: https://www.appgamekit.com/faq.php
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2014 09:23
Quote: "I don't know why you keep mentioning umbrellas ('brolly')..."

Hahaha, I see what you did there: prolly vs brolly, lol. I don't often use texting/net abbreviations in my posts but, in my defence, I was tired.
Quote: "but you should read this"

I actually had this feeling last night that I'd wake up to a few RTFM-like posts. I prolly -- actually you're right; not even that net abbreviation siuts my character *sigh* -- would have actually read the doccies but I was tired and on my way to bed and I thought it'd be an interesting thing to discuss community involvement in the editor src (can I get away with "src"? Hmmm, likely not). Oh well shame on me since I just recently told a friend "RTFM onii-chan".
Well I'm headed into my corner to go and sulk -- "Like a boss!!!" -- so I guess this topic can become a discussion about community-involvement in the IDE's future or get erased either by falling in into the depths of the forum or a kind mod hitting the "Delete This Thread" button.

You're a bad man!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 06:12:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 06:12:32