Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Bionic Fighters- a Super Smash Bros Melee inspired platform fighting game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2014 17:24
Hey Community!!!

What's up everyone?! This is Jared aka Beastegargoyle who previously worked with the ubiquitous tha_rami of Vlambeer and LBFN on TGC Heroes http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=164473&b=5

I have some very exciting news for the community. I founded my own indie game studio out in San Diego, CA after leaving Sony Computer Entertainment, and have been working on Bionic Fighters with my dev team for the last 6 months.

Some details on the game follows:

Smash your friends to oblivion in Bionic Fighters the PS4, Steam, and OUYA fighting game coming in Spring 2015 with your support. Ferocious and ready for battle, our combatants assemble to fight to the death. Players will easily grasp our intuitive controls and a diverse character roster, including characters from popular indie game titles. Our accessible, fast-paced, and action-packed fighting game will provide entertainment for competitive and casual players alike.

Have YOU been waiting for a game that provides a worthwhile digital console experience on your PS4, and OUYA Android console, that one killer game that makes the console stand out? Bionic Fighters melds and improves on the best elements of a quality fighting game experience with the pricing and affordability offered by digital marketplaces. Bionic Fighters also supports up to four player online multiplayer. We are planning to have dedicated servers that enable our users to seamlessly play with their friends online and track how their friends are faring in the midst of combat.

STATUS: We currently have an elaborate build that demonstrates our ground breaking concept for Bionic Fighters. Our team is passionately designing this game from the ground up as a limited next-gen release for the PlayStation 4 with high quality graphics and an innovative multiplayer feature. With Bionic Fighters we intend to provide the quality of a console-level gaming experience the OUYA Marketplace currently lacks. The game is already in full production with development to begin going Full-time after the Kickstarter funding period ends! We have chosen to complete Bionic Fighters within 12 months for the Steam and OUYA version.

You can find out more details about our game here! http://kck.st/1ifudm2 We hope that you check out our project, and support it.

Thanks for looking and feel free to leave our team any and all Feedback you have so far on the game!

Imagination Vent, LLC. website can be accessed at http://imaginationvent.com/
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2014 20:29
Leaving Sony? That was brave. Gotta respect that. Only contribution I can make is a bump atm as I'm working on a project (two actually) that I'll need funding for once I get something presentable. Good luck man.

You're a bad man!
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2014 20:45
Quote: "Good luck man."

@nonZero- Thanks you! Imagination Vent is working on some exciting updates for the game namely: a Steam Greenlight page, having Mew2King stream some gameplay footage, an OUYA playable alpha build, and preparing to giveaway a PlayStation 4 to one lucky backer.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2014 21:23
Quote: "ground breaking concept for Bionic Fighters"

What's ground breaking about this fighting game? Did I miss something in the video?

Special effects look real nice, but the levels feel somewhat plain with the texturing. Just doesn't strike me as a PS4-quality title. But I like the jungle level.

Now that fight video at the end of your KS page with bruce lee, that was great. Is that the goal, to make it like that?

Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2014 16:29
Quote: "What's ground breaking about this fighting game?"

Yeah, you missed a lot then Phaelax.

Here are some of the Original Concepts for Bionic Fighters:
*We are using licensed indie characters to fill out the roster.

*We have an exciting mechanic called a "Bionic Smash" that enables less experienced players to better compete with advanced players.

*We are developing for PlayStation 4 and Steam, not Nintendo as inferred.

*Spectator mode! Users are able to watch LIVE online multiplayer games, even without physically being there.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2014 23:49
Quote: "*We are using licensed indie characters to fill out the roster."

So characters from other games? Not really groundbreaking.

Quote: "We have an exciting mechanic called a "Bionic Smash" that enables less experienced players to better compete with advanced players."

Does it give them more power or life?(other fighting games have that kind of handicap) Or is it like some kind of auto-attack?

Quote: "Spectator mode! Users are able to watch LIVE online multiplayer games"

That could be very cool if your game starts getting popular.

With the online mode, is there a room where players can go to challenge others online randomly? Ooo, what about a live global ladder? Beating online players increases your rank or skill level. Your level moves you up in the ladder to face more experienced players. Whoever sits at the top stays there until defeated or logs off the game. Thus the ladder changes constantly based on who's actively online at the time.

Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2014 17:48
@Phaelax-

Yes, you do have a point with other games incorporating characters from other universes outside of the game world itself. Hm, I am leaning more towards that we are an indie game studio where we are promoting other indie game characters to support the indie game industry in general.

The "Bionic Smash" is more in line with providing the user short extra power while in the midst of the fight.

* The game already has the initial code for adding in Steam Achievements, and PlayStation trophies. We are also planning to include a rather robust online multiplayer portion with group-oriented multiplayer modes, and a Tournament style mode similar to what Super Smash Bros Brawl had on the disc!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 20:08:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 20:08:13