Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Grab affiliate data from various control panels

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2014 11:49
My cousin has around 40 affiliate accounts with various online gambling companies and needs to log in to each one to check his earnings etc..

He wanted to know if I could make him an app which would connect to them all and display the data all in one place.

I have not done anything like this before so I was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers? I am going to have to learn a few things along the way but that is no problem. I am familiar with HTML and have done really basic things with javascript and MySQL.

I presume this will be possible with agk? I use tier 2 also so third party libraries can be used.

Thanks.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2014 15:27
It will all depend on what the accounts will return to you and if they have a web api you could use. Ideally you would send a http request, and it would return an XML or JSON stream back to you. From that you could dismantle and rebuild the data into your own format.

If you need to screenscrape the data from a web page then it's going to be much harder.

With 40 accounts, maybe gamblers anonymous have a better solution to the problem

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2014 17:53
Thanks BatVink, this has helped a lot. Just knowing what to search for, 'screenscrape'

So I found a utility called Mozenda. It allows you to log in and grab the data you need from any sites so you can view it all in one place. This will probably be enough for now, if he wants an app also then Mozenda provides the XML/JSON stuff you mentioned making it much easier.

Quote: "With 40 accounts, maybe gamblers anonymous have a better solution to the problem
"

He has an app which gathers the best deals from online bookmakers, he gets paid if someone signs up with a bookmaker after being directed there from his app. This is why he has all those accounts, he does not gamble

Mozenda may be of interest to people here if they use 4 or 5 advert solutions in their various games, you can get all your data in one place and it's very easy to set up. You get 500 pages per month for free, so you could probably run it once a day without having to pay.

Thanks again BatVink

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 03:23:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 03:23:31