Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / An old PC game from the 90's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I remember from when I was a kid back in the 90's that there was a particular PC game that I liked.
The game was a science fiction shooter where, in one of the levels, you had to sky-dive into the enemy base avoiding missiles during your drop. There was another mission where you had to defeat the enemy boss who was positioned up in a sort of tower, whilst defeating his minions along the way.
I think that, in the game, you had the option in choosing who you wanted to be in the from three characters. One, I think, was a guy in blue, whilst another was a sort of scientist guy with a dog's head (I think).
Does anybody know what the game was called, as I have forgotten it and would really like to play it once again for old time's sake?
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 23:48 Edited at: 8th Apr 2014 23:48
Could it be...

MDK?

I am the one who knocks...
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 16:50
Definately MDK2. They released a HD remake a while ago . I think you can pick it up on steam.

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 18:41
WOW!!!

That brings back some good memories, I loved that game so much. I think I'm going to buy it from Steam now.

All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 23:19
If you don't mind the older non-HD version, you can get it cheaper from gog.com.

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 23:33
Quote: "If you don't mind the older non-HD version, you can get it cheaper from gog.com."

The closer to the original the better in my opinion, thanks for the tip

All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2014 00:09
I always wanted to play this but the installer told me my computer didn't meet requirements and refused to install. That always irritated me because there were many games where I didn't meet the requirements which ran perfectly fine on my PC.

Alex Deef
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2014 18:20
Retro gaming is cool. It is fun. It is popular. But for something to be old and classic, it had to be fresh and new at some point. Products from the past shape those in the modern day, and modern day products and ideas shape those in the future. How much of that chain events do we take for granted?
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2014 17:18
Remember playing the MDK demo back in the day (on some cover CD), but never knew there was a sequel..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 07:33:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 07:33:49