Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / GLEED2D - 2D World Editor (Free)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2014 10:53 Edited at: 10th Apr 2014 10:56
Hi All,

The game I'm developing requires both tiled placement and free-form placement of sprites of varying sizes and shapes. I was struggling to find something that could do this nicely, then I stumbled across this little gem GLEED2D

This editor is great, you can use snap to grid to get tile based maps, then disable the snap to grid and start creating a more organic environment. I really like it and thought that it might come in handy for somebody else too.

It exports to XML, but it has a really straight forward layout, I managed to create a level parser in one evening. If you set the root directory on the Level node to the base directory where all of you map images are stored, you have to use separate images in the editor. Then when you export the map each tile item will have just the texture file name without the directory path e.g. Mytexture.png. Then you can use this directly to read it from the atlas sheet at runtime.

All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 11:32:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 11:32:10