Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is there any way FPSC on-linemultiplay be used across WiFi?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2014 16:51
I tried testing one of our multilayer maps using Wi/Fi. Both maps were installed correctly on both PC's and I set everything up exactly the same way in the manual and studied the forms here as well with no success. So FPSC x9 is code written for LAN/Broadband only?
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you getting the waiting to join bug ?

It should work over wifi you must make sure the hosting machine has his port open to allow the other users in.

There are many threads on hte forum about the issue here one to look at :-

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=207108&b=21

best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2014 22:56
Yes! I to have fallen victim to the waiting to join bug. I admit my ignorance and not having any time to work on the multilayer side,I will begin the process of opening the right port. Thank sir and will be back to report our progress on this event.
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2014 08:45
A little more information would be useful. Are these computers on the same local network (ie. connected via the same wireless router) or are they trying to connect via the internet?

If the former you shouldn't need to adjust any router settings; just make sure both firewalls aren't blocking the application.

If however you are doing it across the internet the host will have to forward the relevant ports (there are many threads on this issue on these boards), and the client will have to connect to the host's internet IP, which they (the host) can obtain from a site such as whatsmyip.net.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-01 22:24:27
Your offset time is: 2024-06-01 22:24:27