Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Colour changes on image

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I've created some tiles (sprites) in photoshop for testing my map editor but noticed that when they are displayed in AppGameKit they appear more saturated than in photoshop and I can't figure out why. They are PNG files with transparency. I'm using an sRGB profile in photoshop so that should work...

Anyone got any clues?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 00:16
Can you post an example, the 2 images side by side? And perhaps upload a sample sprite.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 07:08
I've always found image colors in AppGameKit to be just a little off from what I have in PS. Even if I have a white sprite and color it with RGB values it is not quite perfect. It shouldn't be too significant of a change though. Also remember that no matter what you do to perfect your colors it is always subject to the end-user's display set up. Colors on my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 are brilliant and very saturated, while on my HTC Droid Inc 2 and iPhone 3GS they are somewhat muted.

DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
On the same system I'd expect them to be the same though... Let me post an image. Cheers guys...
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 23:41
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
OK...this is embarrassing! The colours, when check in PS are the same...they just look totally different becuase of the surrounding graphics!

As an apology...here's an image of the map editor I'm working on! Tiles are not mine and are just being used for testing (they're open license)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2014 00:06
lol... happens to all of us! Could be part of the problem I see on Windows, too. But on the mobiles there is a definite change, of that I can be sure!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 19:10:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 19:10:27