Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / One of my game is ready, and I want to find some people to test it.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 15:31
Is there a website which provide testing service?

I mean there are many users in the website, they will download my game, play it and give me some feedback.

The Miracrea Games
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 15:34
I would suggest Indie DB - as well as here of course, but I think a lot of people there have a good attitude and like to help with testing. Why not sign up and make a page for your game, and see who bites.

I am the one who knocks...
halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 15:40
@Van B
Thank you for quick response at first!
My game is in iOS version. How should send the game to users on Indie DB?
And how should I post my game here since it is a iOS version?
Make a page for my game? where should I do it?

The Miracrea Games
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 15:46
Ahhh, iOS makes it a bit trickier - it's not like people can manually install it.

With iOS, there is a system called TestFlight - but it's a bit of a hassle, you add testers UDID's and deploy versions to them, but every UDID has to be added to your app provision. There will be other services, but they won't be free and might even be a risk... like your app might appear for download for jailbroken devices. You never know with these things.

In your shoes... hell, I'd just stick it on an iPad and take it to work, or to a party; somewhere with a lot of people, and just get feedback that way.

I am the one who knocks...
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 22:10
iOS beta testing is an absolute nightmare!
You can manually add test users UDIDs to your provisioning profile in your Apple Developer portal. You then create an Ad Hoc provisioning profile and attach the test users UDIDs to it. In xCode you build and Archive for AdHoc which makes an IPA file that your beta testers can manually install through an iTunes app running on PC/Mac. It is a very convoluted process and confusing to beta testers. We had about 50% of our iOS beta testers have issues with the procedure and many of those gave up trying (who has time for all of that?). Plus Apple restricts you to 100 test devices - lifetime total for a dev (I think this is the main advantage of TestFlight - it can do more)!!

I still use it on a handful of beta testers that are experienced with the process.
I can personally test it on my 3GS, but that is the only device I have available to me. My testers will likely not be open to testing for other folks otherwise I'd ask some of them. It is so much of a hassle. I can also help guide you on getting it to work. Just shoot me an email.

It also depends on what you're looking for out of a beta test. Are you looking for compatibility? Are you looking for playtesting? If it is compatibility then you can run the game in the simulators and be pretty sure that is how it will work on live devices (other than the major lack in frame rate - but you can at least test functionality - can't do IAP or push that way though).

If you're looking for playtesting I'd highly highly suggest building an android APK and doing IndieDB as well as posting here for help. I'd definitely help you out. Also with Android you can simply upload a beta to the store, set up a google group with your test users, and send them a download link. The advantage of that is it will capture crash reports, allow IAP and push. If no features like that then it is simpler to just ask around and distribute the APK.

halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2014 15:51
@Naphier, Thank you very much!
I don't make android version because I don't know how to add in-app purchase and ads in the game.

And I cause me a lot of time to make a android version, include resolution problem.

The Miracrea Games
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2014 20:45
You might want to check out my new guide for deploying to Android
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=210961&b=46
IAP and Ads are very easy to add in to the game. I'm not sure what resolution problem you've experienced though.

halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2014 11:00
Hi Naphier,
How should I add IAP and Ads? I use Tier 2. AppGameKit version 107.6.

The Miracrea Games
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2014 20:19
http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Extras/InAppPurchaseSetup.htm
That shows a basic setup for IAP. It works well. You need to also setup the products on iTunes Connect / Google Play. Both can be tested. Google the iOS procedure on testing IAP to find out how. In GPlay you just add an email address to the licensing to test with.

As for ads, just create an AdMob account, make an app record for monetization, get your pub ID. In AppGameKit call up SetAdMobDetails() with your pub ID. Call CreateAdvert() to initiate and place the ads, call SetAdvertVisible() to show or hide the ad. All of it is pretty straightforward. If you get stuck at a specific point, let me know where.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 21:58:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 21:58:43