Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [T2] agk "com.mycompany.template" already exists in Google Play

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2014 07:02
Hi all,

I built and tried to upload an APK to Google Play, but it gave this error message:

Quote: "agk "com.mycompany.template" already exists in Google Play."

Obviously the problem is related to changing stuff in AndroidManifest.xml, but I have yet to find any clear instructions on what I should actually be changing. TGC is completely useless in this regard. So what exactly am I supposed to change?

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2014 07:11 Edited at: 10th May 2014 07:12
There's a Readme text file in the Android template folder, which provides the areas that need to be changed.

Quote: "To change the package name:
- Open the AndroidManifest.xml and find all instances of com.mycompany.mytemplate and change them to your chosen package name.
- Open GCMIntentService.java and change the package field at the top to your chosen package, after the change it will be underlined in red, hover over it and when a popup appears choose "Move ..."
- Open IAPActivity.java and change the instance of import com.mycompany.mytemplate to your chosen package name.
- Open MyFacebookActivity.java and change the instance of import com.mycompany.mytemplate to your chosen package name.
- Open MyJavaActivity.java and change the instance of import com.mycompany.mytemplate to your chosen package name.
- Open res/values/strings.xml and change the app_name entry to your chosen app name"
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2014 07:20
Quote: "There's a Readme text file in the Android template folder, which provides the areas that need to be changed."

So that works? That would be good. I'll go try it now.

I had seen this file ages ago, but I really didn't know which stuff I should believe because there were so many different sets of instructions.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2014 18:05

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 13:27:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 13:27:07