Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Tutorial] Full Screen Interstitial Admob Ads In AGK Tier 1

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sean, I think the problem is that you use the SetMemblockInt command for ios but I cannot see in your functions where you are actually creating the Memblock (CreateMemblock)..."

The memblock is created within Objective C. None of the Memblock commands in AppGameKit BASIC should be getting called when you are not on iOS. That's why my functions use the case statement( Case "ios": ).

Sean

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2014 09:53
Quote: "The memblock is created within Objective C"

Ok, that's interesting... When I test my applications in the AppGameKit IDE, I test them for whichever platform I am working with, therefore I would want to mimic that I am testing on an ios device and hence your functions would be getting called. So if I understand correctly, although AppGameKit is flagging an error, this can be disregarded as you are creating the memblock in Objective C and not in AGK...

I'll see what happens when I create the app in xcode... Thanks!
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "although AppGameKit is flagging an error, this can be disregarded as you are creating the memblock in Objective C and not in AGK"

Exactly, my functions should prevent the memblock commands from being called in AppGameKit BASIC when you are not on iOS.

Sean

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2014 10:30
Got it, thanks! I'll just comment out the SetMemblock commands until I am ready to roll with xcode! Thanks again!
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2014 18:33
HockeyKid, I feel like I am taking the biscuit with all this help and questions I keep asking you... So sorry for that... But I have 1 last (hopefully last ) huge favour to ask you. Is there any chance you could alter the UntitledViewController.h and UntitledViewController.m files from the interpreter_ios_lite folder (I use AppGameKit 10824, not sure if that matters?), as we have no use for twitter, FB etc, and this is causing us grief in xcode... Would be truely grateful...
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "HockeyKid, I feel like I am taking the biscuit with all this help and questions I keep asking you."

Not a problem, I'm just sorry for not making a more concise tutorial. Besides, I like when people comment on my threads that way I know people actually find them useful.

Quote: " Is there any chance you could alter the UntitledViewController.h and UntitledViewController.m files from the interpreter_ios_lite folder"

The UntitiledViewController.h and UntitiledViewController.m are exactly the same for the interpreter_ios and interpreter_ios_lite so you should be able to use my modified UntitiledViewController.h and UntitiledViewController.m with the interpreter_ios_lite without any issues.

Sean

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2014 22:56 Edited at: 26th Aug 2014 22:58
HockeyKid, guess what... More questions, lol! Sorry...

Have you seen this issue before? I feel like this is our last hurdle (but then I've said that before )...

As always, really appreciate any help!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Have you seen this issue before? "

It looks like the linker can't find the AppGameKit library. Go under your build settings and make sure the path to the AppGameKit library is correct.

Sean

sdl
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 09:07
Hi, can i use this for V 2 ?

Thanks Sascha
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hi, can i use this for V 2 ?"

This should work in on iOS using v2, however I'm not so sure it would work on Android.

Sean

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 10:52 Edited at: 28th Aug 2014 10:55
Quote: " It looks like the linker can't find the AppGameKit library. Go under your build settings an"

Not sure what it was exactly, but we have successfully compiled and built the app in xcode

One slight problem though, for iOS only (it works perfectly on Android) we only ever get 1 ad, the very first ad. No other ad is displayed when we call the InterstitialShowAd() command after the first one. Any ideas?

EDIT: Just to confirm, we are calling IeterstitialLoadAd every loop (and like I mention above this is an issue for iOS, works great on Android)
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "No other ad is displayed when we call the InterstitialShowAd() command after the first one. Any ideas?"

Sorry for the delay in response. Did you get this figured out? My iOS game worked just fine with displaying multiple ads. It should be noted if you try to show an ad that hasn't been loaded yet, your request to show the ad will be ignored.

Sean

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2014 11:22 Edited at: 11th Sep 2014 13:09
Quote: "Sorry for the delay in response"

No worries, I was on holiday anyway But no, unfortunately I haven't yet figured this out. We went a head and loaded the app to iOS anyway hoping that it was just a testing glitch but this isn't the case... I have provided a stripped down version of my code which shows exactly how I am using it. Would you mind taking a little look, maybe I have missed something?

Just to detail the issue again, it is only a problem for iOS and we only ever receive one ad. Triggering SetMemblockInt(2, 0, 1) does nothing on all further calls.

Note; the SpinCount is incremented in other functions, I have verified that this is not the issue, it is correctly calling SetMemblockInt(2, 0, 1) at the specified times, but is not actually displaying an ad.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just to detail the issue again, it is only a problem for iOS and we only ever receive one ad. Triggering SetMemblockInt(2, 0, 1) does nothing on all further calls."

Interesting, the code looks like it should work. If you want to email me your xCode project I can compile it and debug it further to see exactly what's going on.

Sean

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2014 23:09
Thanks Sean, I sent you an email...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 00:39:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 00:39:58