Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Remove admob library, Android.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2014 09:19
So, for my app that's being featured by Amazon for free app of the day, they are recommending that I remove the admob library from the binary completely.

The good news, is that the other issues they found have been fixed.

They claim that apps that leave this library in the binary, unused, receive a lot of 1 star reviews. How true that is I don't know.

How simple is this?
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2014 13:01
Pretty simple. Take out the correct lines in the AndroidManifest.xml, remove the library from the libs folder. You might get some complaints when you clean/build, but they should be easy to just comment out. An alternative would be Chartboost (see naplandgames.com/agk). You can also reference the AGKHelper.java there to sort of see what needs ot be commented out. It might be easier to do it with a clean/build and manually resolve the errors though.
I do question their claim though. How do users know that it is included, but not used? Who would notice that?

JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2014 14:15
A quick Google of Amazon reviews for free app of the day and I found a few people complaining that the binary contained unused admob libraries.

I'm not sure I understand why, I guess it could be the distrust of 'Is it really free?'.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
True, how do non technical users know what libs an app is using?

maybe they are running some system cleanup app that checks other apps for malicious content?
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2014 01:33
I wonder if they are really just complaining because it is a free app of the day and it actually includes ads. I've found a lot of users complain about ads. It's obnoxious really, they all seem to want everything for free. They don't seem to realize that the minor inconvenience of an ad showing may be the only way a very small developer is able to make any money.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i had the same problem on Blackberry.
I put out a game for FREE with NO ADS, and users started to post complaints! i had to remove the game from the store.
I mean if you don't like the game, just delete it and move on, you didn't spend any $ on it

same game on apple app store 25000+ downloads and not 1 complaint!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 19:10:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 19:10:07