Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Lite Template and In App Purchases (Xcode)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Using the Lite Template in Xcode, I noticed that the In App Purchases is turned ON as a capability and gets errors in the build process if you turn it OFF.

If I leave this capability ON and my App Id has the in app purchase entitlement, but I don't use In App Purchases for the app..... will it cause the App to show up in the App Store noting that it has In App Purchases? And is it an issue to leave the capabilities ON and not use it?
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2014 00:55
I'm not sure on any of this one! I have a feeling it will still show as having IAP. dFenz AE is in review and has the entitlement, but doesn't actually use IAP. I'll report my findings back here.

Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
I sure do have a lot of questions, right? lol.

Does your game have the framework in it as well? (using lite or regular template)

And on a side note... is shapetime coming to ios?... I checked out the video and it looks pretty cool!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2014 03:29
Questions are good!
I'm using the regular interpreter setup for all of my iOS apps (with modifications to remove AdMob, integrate Chartboost, and allow device sleep).

dFenz AE just passed review. It should be available on iTunes in the next 24 hours. That had push entitlements, but didn't use them and got the warning email. So that's clear! It also has Facebook SDK in it but I don't use it either.

Shape Time entered review yesterday. Review usually takes less than 24 hours, but they've not passed it yet. Hopefully all is OK and it will be available in the next day or so. I'll make an announcement in the Showcase forum. Glad you like it. It's a lot of fun and no one has gotten on the gold leaderboard yet!

Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
Now just to clarify, is the capability switch for IAP, in the dFenz AE, set to ON? As well as having the entitlement in the App Id?

I'll keep a look out for the announcement for Shape Time!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2014 07:29
Yeah the toggle switch in xCode was on and it was selected in the app id.
I wonder if I had shut it off in the app id on the Developer portal if I would have had to include the entitlement switch in xCode.
Once I have some updates to make I might see what happens if I switch it off in the developer portal on the app id.

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2014 17:11 Edited at: 15th May 2014 17:11
If you shut it OFF it auto remove the framework from the list, so AppGameKit search it and linker goes to error.
Don't mind if it is ON, if you don't add any IAP in the itunes connect, it will not show.

Long life to Steve!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2014 17:14
True! Now that I can see dFenz AE on iTunes it does not list as "includes in-app purchases". It was signed with a cert and entitlement which included IAP.

Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice, thanks for the info Naphier and Gekko!

Just one more question... who can see the "App Review Contact Information" you put in the "Contact Information" Section (underneath the App Metadata section) in iTunes Connect? It includes phone# and email...
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2014 00:02
Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok good. Mashable said that people who put apps on the App Store get spam to their emails... is that true?
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2014 00:13
I don't think I've ever had any spam as a result of listing my email with Apple. I list my personal one so I'd likely know unless gmail is scrubbing it.
With Google Play I do list a support email and I do get some spam, but that is mostly solicitors trying to sell me reviews or other marketing stuff.

Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool. Thanks for the help, as always!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2014 00:22
Any time! Keep 'em coming. These are good questions that would benefit all!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 17:29:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 17:29:27