Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Anybody want to code Automayte 3?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 15th May 2014 08:59 Edited at: 15th May 2014 09:00
Wellll,

It's great how much the community appreciates my tool, but as you all know, it's actually pretty bad. The settings don't work properly, users have a lot of issues with it (actually, they all have the same issues most of the time, that &#%! JDK!), and it's quite clunky.
So, is there anybody out there with a fair bit of GUI coding experience who might want to re-make the interface? The 'engine' behind it is fairly simple.
All you do is:
1. Duplicate the Player folder
2. Modify the AGKManifest.xml etc files with the package name etc
3. Copy/Scale the icon etc
4. Run a batch file or 2

Simple enough.
I would do it myself but I don't have much time these days and I'm not really the most qualified There are plenty of users here who could do a much better job

Cheers,
EB

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2014 18:37
Sorry to hear what a pain this is to maintain bunny. You have done great work though with what you have here now.

Wish I could help out but I'm mainly into game programming. have done some minor Gui Stuff and simple paintin programs in the past but nothing like your automayte.

Why I use Automayte now, cause messing around with the Droid SDK is a nightmare. really wish they could make that thing easier to use.

Good luck to who ever picks this up and runs with it, and thanks Bunny, cool program.

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2014 18:53
Would be great if AppGameKit released a tool like this. It also needs to be able to take the base64 key for IAP

Google is working on its own IDE to replace the Eclipse / ADT Bundle. Hopefully it will be as sleek as most of their products. Once you mess around with Eclipse a few times it really isn't that bad. My only wish is that the Android Virtual Devices were faster to load.

Anyone looking to learn the Eclipse setup / Android Deployment workflow might want to check out my new guide. It attempts to explain the workflow and give AppGameKit devs better knowledge of Eclipse. It also contains tricks to fix some of AGK's annoyances!

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=210961&b=46

IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2014 18:40
Thanks for the link Nap, will check it out , that's my main weakness is that damn SDK. never liked a system that takes more than 2 steps to put out an APK, or exe.

Still using the SDK with AppGameKit tier 1 is better than pure coding it in Java or C++. Thats how i started this whole AppGameKit business, was learning Java, found AppGameKit, said hell with Java and am using AppGameKit now after a year layin off.

Personal issues and a bad winter ...

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2014 20:20
EB, I'd be happy to do it. I use Windows forms every day at work so it would be fairly easy for me to whip up a simple Windows app. I'd be happy to make it open source too so anyone can work on it or add to it.

Send me the existing version and any information I need to know and I'll give it a whirl. I quite fancy learning the process anyway as I've been using the web version up until now.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 19th May 2014 01:31
Thanks! Here's the [almost] latest version with source code and a couple of files explaining how it's supposed to work.
PM me or just post here if you've got any questions.

My code will probably definitely be fairly hard to follow, though I did comment it for the upload version, fortunately it's in VB.net so it shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Here's the readme:

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
mdgunn
Years of Service
User Offline
I might be able to help out. Can't promise anything yet. If it was publicly available it may be easier for people to dip in and out (hopefully without it becoming unstable).

I suggest either GitHub or BitBucket with SourceTree GUI. Recently I've been using BitBucket as you don't HAVE to make things public (which suits my personal needs) but can have a team of upto 5 I think.

Michael
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2014 00:04
I wonder if this couldn't be made part of the new IDE? I wonder what Paul would say about that.

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2014 01:56
For me, Online tools for generating APK or IPA (or .app maybe ? ) for release in addition to broadcasting feature in dev stage is sufficient.

AGK need to be easy as possible without having to configure complex environments to compile (eclipse, xcode etc ...)

--------------

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 14:46:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 14:46:48