Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I do not get run FPSC trial version in W 8.1 64 bit.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone

I have read something about FPSC users running on Windows 8.1 forum, and ho is something I could understand, as I read the readme file that says:

The software has-been designed for Windows XP.

I've done so far:
I tried running FPSC as a system administrator.

result

Three error dialogs. - (Spanish here, I'll try to play them)

1 - Windows can not access the device, path, or file specified. It may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
2 - The software has encountered an error and has been forced to close.
Your level could be too large, or you're building too many levels.
If this problem persist, back-up your work an re-install the software.
3- 0x00799910 instruction memory references to 0x004039.
The memory could not be written.
Click on OK to finalize the application.

1- The file path already exist and is correct, about permissions nothing to do, since I'm running application as administrator system.

2- non comments, since I can not execute application.

3- I've not problem with others application and the laptop is really new. AFAIK, mem address read/write error comes when application try to read/write in mem allocation that is not the appropiate.

In addiction I've installed FPSC in my old/crappy pentium4 - 512 ram - nvidia GForce graphic card - 80 gb hard drive (6gb free) - xp sp3 32bit, and running like I could wish it do it in my laptop.
The only issue with pentium4 is the low cpu/video card/sound card resources, that make me freeze before than entities, when test my game.

The idea here pass for install and running FPSC fine in my laptop, with too high resurces as needded.

I want to be able to use all the FPSC features like vertex and shadows in my game. And not, buy a new pc now, is not an option.

I need solve this issue before decide to buy full FPSC version, I do not want to buy a mercedes car, only to drive it in my garden.

Thanks in advance.

3com
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=210873&b=21

Check this thread

best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the tip.
Unfortunatelly the problem continue.

I did all you said here:

Quote: "Its best to use this version on a fresh install of fpsc using update v1.20 beta 17a.

If you using a 64bit version of windows 7 or 8 you may need to put msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll into the same dir as fpsc or it wont work.

Download the attached unofficial the make a backup of the original and then replace the fpsc_game.exe and mapeditors.exe"

After that I ran FPSC but I get this:

After that I get this other:

The question is, ¿why it work in any pcs but not others?

I really want to buy reloaded, but I need to be sure it is fully compatible with my w 8.1 - 64bit laptop.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe you should do what the pc said you! start FPSCreator.exe as admin and it should run.

Games make the world better
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe you miss the first post.

Quote: "I've done so far:
I tried running FPSC as a system administrator."
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Maybe you miss the first post."

No I am not But you updated it and then you post he want to start as admin. So you should try it with the update and then start it as admin.

Just a thought

Games make the world better
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure you pick :-

FPSCreator.exe
right click and go to properties.
click compatibility
then click change settings for all users
then tick Run this program as an administrator.

see how that works for you

best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Really thank to both.

I did all that s4real said in their last post.
FPSC launched but inmediatelly thrown this...

and this other one...

Since I'm using trial version I press "Free" but another error appear, this one above saying..

Application has encountered a problem and needs to be close......

Even the W 8.1 compatibility tool was started claim me if I be able to run the application, and offering to me differents options that I've tried too, but nothing change here.

I'm working in the level 6 of my game, with my old pentium 4 + FPSC trial version, but ovbiously it is limited, I want the full version, but I am affraid about buy it and do not be able to run it, in my laptop.

Thanks again for you both. (well, english is not my native language).
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
I've installed DX9c and DX11.
I wonder whether I miss some DirectX?
Also I'm using w7 mode on my laptop, ignore if this can be the issue here?
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2014 01:20
Seems there are a few *issues*. First, with the missing mess error- looks like the update did not install properly. Regardless if your account is an "administrator", the proper way to install and ensure everything installs correctly (particularly if apps want the default C:\Program Files\...) is to right-click on the update EXE and "run as admin". In your case, check the actual folder where your FPSC is installed and ensure you do in fact have a "7.x" file in your "editors\gfx" folder.

You do NOT need to disable UAC at all- there was a thread discussion before about this. The only reason UAC is mentioned to disable is because when UAC activates on changes, it dims the desktop and FPSC has a hissy over that. That was addressed by simply changing the UAC settings to "warn of changes but do not dim my desktop".

DX9c is all that is required for FPSC classic.

You will find that it is "trial and error" on the most part. We ourselves have classic on four machines- laptop running Win 7 64 bit, desktop running Win 7 32bit, VMWare running Vista 32bit, and VMWare running XP 32bit. It works on all of them, and updates all install correctly. The *only* OS that required me to run FPSC as Admin was Vista- I had to right-click the EXE and "run as admin" each time, but that is Vista (LOL). Every other OS did not require this at all on our end. Ultimately, each system is different and everyone has their ways of setting up apps to run, so no one solution may work for you.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry by the delay.
I uninstall and re-install it but the problem remain.
Now 7x file is present.
FPSC launch but FPSC-MapEditor, does not.

Perhaps, because Intel graphic card?

Thanks to all for mthe tips.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, good news!!
Recently buyed full version, already installed and working fine.
Thanks again to everybody.
3com
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2014 23:34
Hi 3com
Glad you got it going finally..
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 17:56:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 17:56:37