Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / tron...ish game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i am making a 2d tronish game... for anyone who doesnt know about tron it is basicly a thing where too motorcycles leave trails behind them and if you run into a trail or go off the edge you die and you want to kill the other person first...
anyway i couldnt get player one and player two to be able to control their sprites simultaniously... so help with this would be appreciated though i have been able to temporarily rig up a crummy ai ... which is another thing i could use help with... making my artificial intelligence intelligent.... or at least sort of smart... or smarter than what i have is that it just choose one of 2 random numbers and that decide which way it turns...
and lastly ... the most important thing... instead of a line i am having it leave dots... but i was wondering how i could make them kill you if you run into them... is there a way to turn them each into individual sprites or something... or how
well that pretty much sums it up i think... this is for a school project but we are allowed to get help for it as the teacher knows nothing of this language and is having us learn(the three people that are working with this) it ourselves he has only given us 2 assignments so far but we havent been working with it too long...

if a tree fell in the forest and it hit a mime... would he make a noise?
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Controlling two players just means moving two sprites instead of 1. You might be better off using Sync On as well. Collision can be done with a Dim(Mapx,mapy)=1 each time you drop a circle put a number 1 at that position. Or you could store the positions of each circle as you drop them, then use a distance formula to place sprites on the nearest circles to each bike rider. The AI is something that would take me a while to figure out, and I'm too busy too think about it.

Pincho.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 20:04
Light cycle games are pretty easy to find on the web. With a little practice and patience, you can look at the source code for them and see how they handle the AI.
--
TAZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 02:08:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 02:08:19