Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK V2 Compiler Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2014 17:55
Quote: "It seems that this project has not been built yet."

This is because the test compiler is generating different files.
The normal compiler produces an exe and bytecode file with the name of the project - which is what the IDE is looking for.

The test compiler produces "interpreterV2.exe" and "bytecode.byc".
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2014 18:33
Quote: "It seems that this project has not been built yet. Do you want to build it now?"

I recently got this and it turned out to be that the IDE couldn't find any files to compile. If you open the .cdp file in wordpad and find the entry <Unit filename="main.agc"> it should not have the line <Option compile="0" /> in it like the other source files do.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2014 19:22 Edited at: 9th Jul 2014 19:22
I use separate files for self-contained functions e.g effects. Each file declares it's own variables, types and arrays.

With the new compiler it doesn't like types being defined in included files, it expects them to be in the main file.

Can this be resolved? Otherwise it's not possible to create libraries of functions in T1.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2014 19:25
Quote: "With the new compiler it doesn't like types being defined in included files, it expects them to be in the main file. "

Works perfectly fine here.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2014 19:51
I have main.agc. At the top I include:

Further down the main.agc file I have a line inside a function:

The gBingo variable is declared in the second file, and so is the type definition:

This setup gives the message:

"gbingo has not been defined as a type in main.agc"

I've written it in correct case to show that the compiler has done something with gBingo, and it's not just reiterating the code on the screen.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2014 23:29
Quote: "The gBingo variable is declared in the second file, and so is the type definition"

I've fixed this for the next version. It was looking for variable and array declarations at the same time so came across the array before the variable declaration so it hadn't been defined yet. It now looks for all the variables first and then arrays.

You could work around this by using the new method for resizing arrays
BitManip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2014 14:08
Just downloaded Update2 for the compiler!

It compiles okay but instead of 'myprojectname.exe' I get 'interpreterV2.exe'?

Also, this exe will not run from the IDE? When I press run all the run/compile buttons are deactivated as if the app is running but nothing happens...I have to manually go into the directory and double click interpreterV2.exe?

I only use Tier 1 for mock ups/testing but this is annoying!

I control all the juicy in here!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:41:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:41:33