Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Codex IDE V2.0 - Preview

Author
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2014 01:34
I have taken a break from the project for a few reasons. Firstly I currently have a lot of work on my plate and don't really have the time to fully commit to the project right now.

Secondly, AppGameKit is heading towards V2, which means there will be a lot of changes, and especially surrounding the IDE.

The new official IDE will be cross platform and have many new features. So before I resume work on Codex I want to know how I could improve on the finished official IDE etc.. because people wont want an IDE with less or less complete features. But also I have been spending a lot of time learning and researching new languages and frameworks etc.. that may help me make an even better editor so for the time being Codex is on hold, but I certainly haven't forgotten about it

LarryP
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds good. Thank you for your reply.

I too have been looking at other languages, have for a while which has caused me to not get much done on any single project. Bad habit on my part as I have taken that to the extreme.
Blue Steel AU
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2014 17:16
LarryP: join the club, that's been one of my problems too. Aleaws looking so another language that might do things better, quicker, easier, or just more things over all

LarryP
Years of Service
User Offline
Blue Steel: Yeah, and it's a real huge market, a candy store of really good programs out there now. I'm always hearing of a different game programming environment that ends up being quite good. The reason I bought AGK2 was for its simplicity. Next thing I do is look at a C++ program called Juce. That's not so simple, but it's interesting. It is a programmers market right now as gaming is getting more popular every week.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:16:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:16:10