Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Classic Steam Wrapper Wanted

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all.
I hope everyone is having a great Summer.
I am interested in whether anyone has considered taking the minimum necessary Steam api (not extra Steamworks features) and creating a wrapper for FPSC?
The reason I am interested in a wrapper is because I am not using the latest version of the FPSC exe- I had to go back a few versions to use features that worked on all Win OS (the later fixes either do not work on Win7, Vista, or 8). I would only want the bare minimum needed to sell on Steam.
With a wrapper- it would not have to be coded only in a final exe build but could be injected into which ever FPSC exe used.
I would be willing to pay for this and it might be an incentive to others to do so as well- as long as it is tested guaranteed to make it possible to upload to Greenlight and integrate into Steam list for sale.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
The best you can do is to contakt TZK He developed a steam api with fpsc. Or S4real, he is a good programmer.

Games make the world better
cds1234
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you.
After doing more reading- it sounds like you don't actually have to add any of the Steam API to get on Green light- only if you want to add assets to the game. But, I don't know if that is also true for selling through Steam as opposed to just getting your games listed with demos and downloads. Anyone's insight on this appreciated- it is still kind of unfamiliar to me.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 03:17
Adding the Steam API to your game is not required at all, however it is recommended.
The Steam API grants access to:
  • Cloud
  • Achievements
  • Stats
  • Workshop
  • More control over the Steam overlay

Among other things.

Creating a Steam "injector" for FPSC is quite possible, but rather pointless because you would have no way to access many of Steam's features effectively. If you let me know which version of FPSC you're using, I'll see if I can whip up a Steam version of it for you, hit me up via email if you're interested.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 21:39:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 21:39:10