Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Multiple music files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 13:40
So I have a really weird problem with my music for iOS.

The music for my game works fine when using the agk player, but when I make a build in xcode with the same media folder, some of the music doesn't play. I have 5 tunes, so I'm wondering if I shouldn't load them all at the start of the game, but actually just load the ones I need. ( though this doesn't explain why it works through the player)

I've been going through the data and can't see anything obviously wrong, so has anyone had a similar experience?

(this is using 108-19)
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 15:34 Edited at: 11th Aug 2014 15:34
The first thing to check is you file names... iOS and Android are very particular about case (Windows doesn't care). So 'test.mp3' is NOT the same as 'Test.mp3'...
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 17:38
That was the first thing I checked, been caught out with that one before.

All my filenames are OK.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 18:50
We load all of our music at startup. Shouldn't make a difference, but maybe it does?
What format are you using? I've used MP3 and M4A without any issues. Are you sure you've actually added the files to the xcode project? Maybe they aren't being packed into the app file?
That's all I can think of unless something is wrong with the code.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 18:05
Did you make sure to add the music files with your other media to the Xcode project?

Try running it while still connected via the cable and look at the debug log in Xcode and see if there are any messages.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 14:17:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 14:17:44