Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Weird Font Bug - With TGC Font Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 03:41

Throughout testing the font's were perfect, both pc and android. After uploading my apk on google play, than downloading it to test, I get this. Any ideas what is going on here? :/ I've updated it using the default text for now, but I really want to use the coda font, as it goes perfectly with the game style.

Thanks!

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 04:56 Edited at: 12th Aug 2014 04:57
Try installing the APK on your phone and see what bugs you get.
The red-cross-on-checker-squares is the image AppGameKit uses on Android when it can't find/load the image file (windows version outputs a warning and quits, Android version just keeps going and uses the alternate image).
Most likely the error is one of two things then:
1. Can't find the image
2. Can't load the image (ie. corrupted, wrong format, etc).

Possible fixes:
1. Make sure you using the right paths/cases
2. Make sure you're copying the image file into Assets/media/[filename].png (and the subimages.txt file) (unless of course you're loading it from a sub directory)
3. Open the image in your favourite editor, make sure it's RGB mode (not monochrome) and re-export it.

The fact that you got it working on your phone through the AppGameKit Player makes it seem like it's probably no.2

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 06:30
It's the capitalized letters...I bet ya! I didn't even think about that, I remember my coin app having the same issue, being case sensitive.

I just copied over the font files from the TGC pack to my media folder, it's labeled "Coda.png". I load "coda.png".

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 06:58
That'd do it I just do everything in lowercase these days

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 14:32
Yup that worked!

Quote: "I just do everything in lowercase these days"

So do I! But dumb me just copied the files and didn't even think twice because it's been second nature to lowercase everything and underscore spaces lol.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 21:26:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 21:26:19